Home Forums Community Forum YouTube video size problem (videos are no longer responsive)

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

YouTube video widths used to be responsive (change size depending on the viewing size of the device). Now the widths are fixed.

Avada says: “It’s [YouTube Element] even got built in responsive features, so you don’t have to worry about the size of your videos!” But that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. I’ve noticed this on all of my WP/AVADA websites.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Eyedrone
    Participant

Same problem here, from last update… I have checked on desktop and IOS Iphone (don’t have an Android) and both Safari and Chrome Youtube videos have fixed width.

Do we need to wait for a fix?????

It’s frustrating

Eyedrone
    Participant

Found the problem…. Smush plug-in is creating issues… https://wordpress.org/support/topic/youtube-videos-dont-work-if-smush-is-active/

erased and….

Now everything works fine

gunn88
    Participant

You don’t need to deactivate smush. Just go to ‘LazyLoad’ menu on the plugin and uncheck ‘iframe’.

shimura
    Participant

Just go to ‘LazyLoad’ menu on the plugin and uncheck ‘iframe’.

shimura
    Participant

Thanks!!

zachhayter
    Participant

Thank you!!!!

PhysioKitchen
    Participant

I can’t find where to set up this? I still have the problem displaying YouTubeVideos responsive on my side. thank for help. 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.