Home Forums Community Forum [Woocommerce Builder Checkout Form] Checkout Field Editor Compatibility Issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I use “Checkout Field Editor for WooCommerce” plugin.
    I can create custom conditional checkout fields. When a required field is hidden, no validation is needed.
    This works with the default avada checkout form, but in the Woocommerce Builder, a hidden field is still required on submit. I have opened a ticket with themehigh, but maybe someone else with the same plugin can confirm this behaviour.

8vasa8
    Participant

Hello,

I was afraid od comapatiblity so I didn’t update yet. Can you please let me know what support will tell you?

Thanks

DarkAllMan
    Participant

I will try to update this thread.

DarkAllMan
    Participant

I did some testing:

When using the default Avada checkout page (the one created with the shortcode), only the visible form elements are posted for validation/submit.
    When I use the Fusion Builder created checkout page, all the form elements, including hidden form elements, are submitted for validation/submit.

So it seems it’s on the Avada side of things….. Avada should only post visible form elements, not hidden.

DarkAllMan
    Participant

Nevermind, in both instances all fields are posted.

8vasa8
    Participant

Did themehigh said something about this to you? Did you contact avada team too?

DarkAllMan
    Participant

I did not open a ticket with Avada, as I have no active support at the moment.
    I did contact Themehigh and they are investigating. I’m awaiting their findings/answer.

DarkAllMan
    Participant

@8vasa8,
    Themehigh provided me with a workaround specific to my case. 2 functions in my theme function file that fixed the issue.

add_filter( 'thwcfe_disabled_fields', 'th12345_disabled_fields',999);
    function th12345_disabled_fields($dis_hooks){
       $value = th34e_get_custom_field_value('checkbox_field');
       if($value == 1) {
           $dis_hooks = array();
       } else {
           $dis_hooks = array('required_field1,required_field2');
       }
       return $dis_hooks;
    }

function th34e_get_custom_field_value($key) {
         $value = isset($_POST[$key]) ? stripslashes($_POST[$key]) : '';
     if(!$value){
           $post_data = isset($_POST['post_data']) ? $_POST['post_data'] : '';
       if($post_data){
           parse_str($post_data, $post_data_arr);
           $value = isset($post_data_arr[$key]) ? stripslashes($post_data_arr[$key]) : '';
       }
     }
       return $value;
    }

8vasa8
    Participant

Thanks. Will they relase some fix in new update? Did say something about that?

DarkAllMan
    Participant

This is their fix.
    They could not tell me if it was Avada or another plugin that creates the issue.
    But to make sure, I have to add the above code.

I do not think there will be a code update for a next release. They did not mention it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.