Avada Forums Community Forum Widgets gone after 7.9 update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello, widgets do not appear under appearance anymore and therefore parts of my website are now missing.
    Any idea on how to fix this?

Maximus80
    Keymaster

Hello!

It seems like the automatic upgrade routine has not run on your install.
    But you can still get them back easily. Just go to the Global Options and to the Features tab. There you will find the following option: https://i.imgur.com/DDqHf1M.png.
    In your case, it will most likely be turned off. Please turn it on and save the Global Options. Then your sidebars should be back.

Thanks

blogui
    Participant

Perfect, that fixed it.
    Happened on all 3 of my websites I have running Avada.
    Thank you!

kokenet
    Participant

The same happend to me after the update, no Widgets anymore. I will try your solution asap. Thx!

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @cokenet

For future reference, you have active support, and our support team does not provide support via the community forum. If you need assistance, please create a support ticket using the link below, and our support team will gladly assist you.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

Thank you kindly

wfnstrategies
    Participant

So, are widgets being phased out entirely? How should sidebars be handled instead? I’d rather do this now instead of waiting until after WordPress kills support.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Widgets in general are being phased out by WordPress, yes. You are better off building the layout with Avada and using a column as a sidebar and using elements as normal. That is the approach I would recommend.

lennegd
    Participant

After update to 7.9, the widgets was turned off inte Global Options Features. I turned it on. It did not help. My widgets are not visible anywhere!

Michael C
    Keymaster

The option in the globals is what controls them. If you still have issues it must be something different, in which case submit a support ticket – https://theme-fusion.com/support/submit-a-ticket/. You have grandfathered support.

POSH_GmbH
    Participant

here too, the option “Legacy Widget Area” was enabled after upgrading but seems to have no effect.

Whatever yoi did have changed regarding widgets, pls change it back to the way before of fix it asap.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by POSH_GmbH.
    Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @posh_gmbh

You have active support, and our support team does not provide support via the community forum. If you need assistance, please create a support ticket using the link below, and our support team will gladly assist you.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

Thank you kindly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.