Tagged: embed privacy
StillAliveDesignParticipantMay 24, 2018 at 9:53 amPost count: 15
Ok, this new feature is good (and i’m happy it’s included in the theme) but …
1. The text in the placeholder is only in englisch? Where can i edit this?
2. The text in the placeholder is incomplete: »For privacy reasons YouTube needs your permission to be loaded. For more details, please see our .« Where can i add the missing info after »our«?
3. At least at my end if i give the permission, the element is not loaded directly (e.g. google maps), i have to reload the page?
Anyone have some infos on this. Thanks in advance
ChrisMichael CKeymasterMay 24, 2018 at 11:25 amPost count: 549
1. This can be translated using the language files or a filter – https://gist.github.com/mikka23/9f615f5304736a9319968e2bc4658824 (if translating make sure to apply patch first)
3. The elements should load directly without the need for a page load (although may depend on how exactly you have your page setup). If not for you, please create a support ticket so a member of staff can investigate.StillAliveDesignParticipantMay 24, 2018 at 2:27 pmPost count: 15
thanks for your answers. My thoughts:
1. I’m no coder, i’m a graphic designer … so if i understand that right that php goes in the theme options? and i change that vimeo to whatever i need? and if i have 2 or 3 i duplicate the »if …« part …?
2. That’s a bad choice to make that the standard. I’ve set up my own privacy site anyway and won’t use that wp feature at all (no need, no sense). This means i have to leave it as is > or put it as html in the copy of the php part?
3. Videos load direcly, but Google Map loads blank > shows up again after reload.
Allowed to show an idea? Just make a input field for the copy in theme options at privacy > done?
Thanks ChrisMichael CKeymasterMay 24, 2018 at 3:00 pmPost count: 549
1. No, that code would have to go in a child theme. If you are not experienced with that then I would suggest using translation instead. Details on how to translate the theme and plugins can be found in the documentation section of the website.
2. The privacy page is the standard way to set the page in WordPress. You do not have to use the example content given by WordPress, you can just select whatever page you have already created and the link will then be correct. I will also add a note to our developer list about adding a check to make sure a link is selected before adding this but it will likely not be added until next theme release.
3. Again, that should not be the case, but without more information it is impossible to say. If you require support please use the form on https://theme-fusion.com/support/submit-a-ticket/ as the forum here is not an official method of support.
ok then … it is like it is. I don’t use child themes as i don’t need them and i won’t go in that translation thing at all (once again i’m a graphic designer, no coder). Then i have to look into that wp setting for the privacy page. Maybe i open a ticket later, no time at all at the moment and its not that important with a google map.
Thanks for your time
ChrisMatHeibParticipantNovember 14, 2018 at 12:02 amPost count: 2
I do have a similar problem: I am trying to use Google Maps with opt in, and it shows “For privacy reasons Google Maps needs your permission to be loaded.” The inspector shows, that it’s a div called fusion-privacy lable. Is there any option to change this text (translation is not enough) and the according “I accept” button? I have looked anywhere but couldn’t find it. Sure this feature is not meant for English speaking customers only?Michael CKeymasterNovember 14, 2018 at 10:49 amPost count: 549
Translation is the most appropriate method for changing this text. Is there a particular reason you cannot use translation methods?
Otherwise you can use a filter for changing the content part. There is already an example of that posted earlier in the thread. Or use the filter avada_privacy_placeholder to alter the entire HTML, including the button.kokenetParticipantNovember 14, 2018 at 4:42 pmPost count: 10
The easiest way to translate Avada into your own language, or change parts of the translations in my opinion is to use the App “poedi”, free download under -> https://poedit.net/
You have 3 Parts fpr transations in the Avada Theme for specific parts.
1. The Avada translation itself
2. Fusion Core
3 Fusion Builder
For example, in the funison Builder is the translation for the Blog, ex. Read More … By Author … aso!
If you want to translate now the Privacy Placeholder, go into the download folder of Avada -> Avada Full Package -> Languages -> Avada. There you will find all language translation files. Search for your language (there are always 2 files with *.po and *.mo) Open the *.po file with poedit and use the search function to find “For pravacy reason …) then at the botton you will see this sentence and below the translation. But this fiels is empty, so write there you own text for the english sentence. Save it, and upload the *.mo and *.mo files to -> wp-content -> Themes -> Avada -> languages. Thats it!
For translation of the Blog part do the same way with the Fusion Builder *.po and *.mo in you downloadpackage, and upload it to wp-content -> plugins -> fusion-builder.
Btw: If you have a custom made Privacy page, you can set it in the Privacy settings as default, this page will replace in this Placeholder text at the end as link.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.