Home Forums Community Forum What the FK Happened to forum?

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What the FK Happened to forum?

revans0636
    Participant

Progress. As part of the long awaited Theme-Fusion site design, they (Theme-Fusion) apparently made a decision to purge all previous Community Forum posts concurrent with the theme-fusion.com update. Reading through posts @ the Facebook Avada Users Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/AvadaUsers/) and keep in mind that the FB group is also an UNOFFICIAL support channel, the reason they have put forward (I’m summarizing here) is it no longer had any value to Avada users. Other comments there (again UNOFFICIAL) would suggest that the old posts caused more Support problems than it was worth and it was a cost/benefit decision. Bottom line for Avada users, the old Community Forum posts are gone, and this is what you get… Progress.

In the short term, the Facebook Group is available to all Avada users, and it is searchable… but if you do decide to use it as an option to searching the remaining Avada docs FROM INSIDE THE NEW SITE or submitting an official support ticket to get help with the theme, I’d strongly suggest you read the FB Group Administrator’s rules (in the intro sticky) and follow them.

wpwmaken
    Participant

What a total nightmare – used this by searching in Google daily – now all you get is 404 errors. Absolutely not an enhancement! #nothappy

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Guys!

Actually we did not decide to purge all old forum posts, we still have them but yes the links have changed.

We had to get the new company site out and ready by May 25th due to the new EU – data privacy laws … this was a must. We did not have time to sort out what to do with the previous community forum.

The old community forum has a lot of misinformation in it, at the same time it has some useful information. We do feel we need to start over on the forums since Avada’s codebase has changed so much for the better. Yet at the same time, we do feel the old forum info is valuable to our customer base so we are looking into ways to make it accessible.

Just give us some more time to work it out and decide on what we are doing.

Thanks guys.

KimG
    Participant

So it’s not just me! Thought I was going insane briefly. I really do hope you can figure it out as I am a beginner and have found the old forum answers invaluable!

revans0636
    Participant

@admin – OK, granted the old community forum did have a lot of old/outdated info BUT TO ME ANYWAY, it did have a lot of practical information as well, and it was easy enough to check the thread start date to see if it was likely to be relevant (I usually define relevant as at least started during the v5.X.X theme era). FWIW, I’m glad to hear the old posts are still available in some form, especially as now that the HelpScout is working for me again and is able to access my user name with both my original and updated email, and I’m only dealing with the 12-15 month gap in accessing my support ticket history.

Possibly while you are working out what to do to address the Community Forum previous post issue (OK, the post # did sort of hint it wasn’t totally gone, else the post number would probably have reset), could you turn the spam filter(s) back on? My written Russian is quite weak (massive understatement, spoken is about as bad), but I really doubt any of the Avada users are looking for new resources to watch 1080 HD video on their anderoid/iPhone devices.

rbeffects
    Participant

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us a way to access the old forum. I am a freelance web designer/developer who loves Avada and would use the forum DAILY! I know that some of the solutions are outdated, but there are so many helpful fixes that aren’t listed in the documentation. This new forum is pretty helpful, but I already notice that some of the same issues that were solved on the old forum now just have a response of “please fill out a support ticket” (aka. it is handled off the forum).

I understand you need to move forward with a new site/way of doing things, but there is so much valuable information on the old forum – please don’t delete it all! The huge support network is one of the main reasons I use this theme, and recommend it for all of my clients.

admin
    Keymaster

Yes we fully agree with what was stated, there is good and bad info in the forum and the good helps a lot of people. Wee don’t want to take that away which is why we are working it out 🙂

We are under tight deadlines for the new EU-data privacy laws (GDPR) and are focused on that atm. We didn’t have time to get to the forum, but it will be very soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Sky-Life
    Participant

@admin
    How about, members with valid license get access and you guy implement a simply thumb up, thumb down feature (just like below). This way the customers can find out which help was useful and not. Once there are enough votes for a topic, move the to a general FAQs Page or into this forum.
    I really like the new layout, however, sadly the forum is not as active as before i feel…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.