Avada Forums Community Forum Theme options not displaying anymore. Please help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

We have a multi-site with 63 very important client sites on it utilizing the Avada theme. We are using wp-engine hosting. There are sites on this multi-site that were built a long time ago, that predate my employment. We are on Avada v. 4.0.3. I know that’s old. Obviously we would love to update the theme to a new version and that’s the goal ultimately in later sprints, but we don’t have the volume to update the theme, the wordpress verion, all the plugins, and fix all the issues with the old sites, being that I’m the only web developer on our team. We downloaded the export themes plugin to our multi-site to try to remedy issues that auto-updated on a different install. We successfully exported the theme and are trying to work through issues with the site on this other install, but we can no longer see (appearance > theme options) on any of our sites within this multi-site. I tried reverting to a backup point before this export themes plugin was installed and that didn’t fix the issue.

I’ve never experienced an issue that wasn’t resolved by reverting to a backup. Please help. Again, obviously the goal is to update Avada eventually, but we have sites that need updating right away and we can no longer see theme options on any of the sites within our multi-site. It allows us to navigate to the page, but it just displays a blank screen. The extension is /wp-admin/themes.php?page=avada_options. I have a ticket submitted to Avada support, and am talking to them but haven’t had my emails responded to right away and this is a high priority, very urgent issue. They suggested updating the theme but I need to fix this first before I can do that. Would getting a new version of 4.0.3 fix our issue? Or would we have to have support dig into our theme and fix any issues in the code?

Again, please help. This issue is extremely urgent. Thanks.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @rcarroll

I see that our representative at support is already assisting you with this, please understand that keeping any theme not updated for so long is not something that should be done, however updating the theme following our guidelines even from a version that older should not cause any issues as far as the instructions were followed as mentioned here => https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/installation-maintenance/updating-avada-older-versions/

We suggest you to please respond back to our team member and they will guide you accordingly on what and how to move forward from here.

Thanks

-Ammar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.