Avada Forums Community Forum Social Link missing attribute

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

While running a Lighthouse test on one of my sites I noticed a complaint about linking to cross-origin destinations being unsafe unless a ‘rel= “noopen”‘, or ‘rel= “noreferrer”‘ tag is added.

Given the way that the theme options configures social links, I cannot find a way to fix this myself, and I was wondering if this is something that can be modified with a future patch.

marklchaves
    Participant

I’m pretty sure WordPress adds noopener and noreferrer automagically. Here’s a code snippet from a site I created and support. This is from the website’s footer by way of Avada Theme Options.

<a class="fusion-social-network-icon fusion-tooltip fusion-facebook fusion-icon-facebook" style="color:#3b5998;" href="https://www.facebook.com/deb.dutcher" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" data-placement="top" data-title="" data-toggle="tooltip" title="" data-original-title="Facebook"><span class="screen-reader-text">Facebook</span></a>

Where are you defining your socials? The ones that are being flagged by Lighthouse.

krzychu1478
    Participant

I am struggling the same problem with the social links.
    I am using fusion-theme-sharing-box fusion-single-sharing-box share-box

<span class=”screen-reader-text”>Facebook</span>

I just want to add rel=”noopener”
    Now I am using jQuery to rewrite it, but it suffers from performance decrease. At lest could you tell me where can I hardcode it in the theme.

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

All,

Check out this topic. If helpful, kindly leave a positive review.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.