Avada Forums Community Forum Slider Revolution Not Working After latest Avada Patch Applied

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good morning, once again I’m having to consider buying AVADA support (they’re so clever) because of specific issue related to Avada upgrade- Fusion Patcher #416773
    Jan. 25, 2019
    Avada
    Fixes PHP warning notice in class-fusion-images.php

Applying this patch stopped Slider Revolution working completely (paid version). I’m currently on the phone to Siteground to see if they can do anything- however, backdating to yesterday did not help. I’m also running Google ads so this is really annoying.

Does anyone know how to restore the Slider Revolution plugin to working state?

Site at https://icoachingzone.com/

elearner
    Participant

Hello,

I have got the same problem. After having installed the latest Patch, Rev Slider stopped working. What can be done?

Regards

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @icoachingzone

First of all, we do not force anybody into paying for support. Paid support was introduced by Envato and was not within our control. In fact, for anyone who purchased the theme prior to Envato introducing this we offer grandfathered support. This was already brought up in the other thread you started, so please do not repeat the same misinformation.

For your actual issue, the patch does not change Rev Slider functionality. If you are seeing an issue, very likely you just need to clear your browser and fusion caches. Note, right now you slider is functioning correctly therefore it is not possible to make any suggestions beyond that.

@elearner
    likewise, please ensure you have cleared all caches. If you still have a problem then please submit a support ticket so we can check it – https://theme-fusion.com/support/submit-a-ticket/

icoachingzone
    Participant

Hi Michael, yes I know you do not push people to buy support but with each update, things go wrong. Yet again, silly patch and it DID disable Slider Revolution.

Guys who also have the same problem (and I bet there are many), after hours on the phone with Sitelock, the only solution was to backdate the site to the version before the patch was applied. That means I can no longer apply patches or run updates.

And by the way, Michael, you sent me a link to paid support. Thanks for nothing. Yes the slider works, but not thanks to you.

icoachingzone
    Participant

read my reply to Michael who only responded now when I fixed it (well, not fixed it, had to backdate and can not update again). The patch does disable slider revolution, but that’s how they get their support money from us!

elearner
    Participant

Thanks Michael for the hint with the cache. It brought me on the right track.

I checked and disabled all my caching plugins. Apparently, I updated the caching plugins together with Avada. There seems to be an issue with W3TC and Autoptimize and there are some other users who reported problems. I disabled autoptimze and Rev Slider is working.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/revolution-slider-headline-issue/

Maybe that is also the problem on your site. Best of luck!

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @icoachingzone, my link to submit a ticket was for the other user in the thread – elearner, not you. If you read my message I reference the user prior to the link.

A few points in response to your other messages:
    1. Comments such as this “but that’s how they get their support money from us!” will not be tolerated. I have already warned you about this and you have just repeated the same thing. I have also explained that this simply is not true. If you continue to post in this manner, they will be removed.

2. As I have already explained, the patch is not for code related to Slider Revolution. Therefore it should have no impact on the plugin This is also why I asked elearner to open a support ticket so we can actually check it to see what the problem is (as it is most likely something else, such as cache). Also note, we deal with 1000s of support tickets a week and are constantly monitoring for any repeat bugs. So if this was happening to many people, it would be something we would know about.

3. If you actually want help then you need to provide more information about the problem in future. In order to allow people to help you (and increase the chance of somebody replying) you need to provide as much information as possible. Without that, it is impossible for anybody to offer anything other than advice. Also note, this is a community forum and not an official support method (as you have already pointed out). Therefore there is no guarantee of getting a reply.

Thanks

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @elearner,

Thanks for letting us know the issue. For future, if you update or apply a patch you will also want to clear the cache on any other plugins. For example, W3TC and autoptimize. The reason being that when you apply a patch or update, some files can be changed (including compiled files). So if W3TC or autoptimize still cache the old files it can cause errors.

Restech220
    Participant

I am also having the same problem. It seems that the slider shows on my home page but not on subpages. I have repurchased support but when I login it is still telling me I don’t have it. Can you point me in the right direction. Thank you

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.