Avada Forums Community Forum Showing Authors Portfolio Posts on Author Archive Page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have turned on the Author display on portfolio single posts. I would like related portfolio posts to show on the author page in the same way that blog posts are displayed.
    I have created an Author page template using the Layout tool and this works great. I have added the Author bio and I added the archive element to the layout to show their related posts, but there is no element for archive portfolio posts available.
    How can I do this?

BazookaDigital
    Participant

I am trying to create a layout for the author archive page as well and I would like to pull related archived blog posts by author rather than category or tag. Is this not a feature yet? How can we achieve this?

peshmerge
    Participant

I would like to have the same feature. I would like to display all posts written by a specific user on a specific page. The ideal situation would be a dynamic custom author_id!

Chiara Sicola
    Participant

I would like to have the same feature: display all posts written by a specific user on a specific page and customize the author’s picture size.

marklchaves
    Participant

Have you guys checked your default https://mycoolestweb.site/author/somename/ page?

If that comes up, you should have an author info section at the top. You can inspect that to find the classes you need to tweak the styles like the image size.

Look for class names like:

– fusion-author
    – fusion-author-avatar
    – fusion-author-info
    – fusion-author-title vcard
    – fusion-author-social

If you need to customize that default author page, you can copy the Avada theme’s author.php file into your Avada child theme’s directory and customize that copy.

You can even use the Avada action hook avada_author_info to echo HTML just above the author section.

Food for thought.

Enjoy 😉

jonathan_MD
    Participant

Is there a better way to do this now? also how do you remove your login user name as the name on top of the author archive page, that is a huge security risk.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.