Home Forums Community Forum show caption with image element

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I cannot seem to figure out how to show the caption on an image when using the image element in fusionbuilder.
    Is this not possible or am I missing something?

It does show the caption when I just add the image as media in a text element but that’s not really what I want.

Thanks in advance

Johan

dotp
    Participant

Asked the same question in a support ticket. Here was the Avada team response:

Unfortunately, the Image Element doesn’t support captions like that. We have lightbox where captions are displayed.
    Please go to Avada > Theme Options > Lightbox, and look for the “Caption” option, and set this option to ON.

If you want to show the caption, you can use a Title or Text Block element below the Image element.

Or you can add the image using the regular WordPress “Add Media” button, it will show the caption.

The need to add the caption to the image element pronto.

adasch
    Participant

I also need this feature. To use a Text Block Element in this case is quite ugly.

42south
    Participant

Solution. Add a Content box below the image. Choose “classic icon with title”, edit the default item, Insert your caption in the title box and leave the “content box content” empty.

sayn0thing
    Participant

But is there a way to add a coloured block with text ONTO an image? Say in the middle of an image…

loutrey123
    Participant

Agreed – captions should be part of the IMAGE component structure, configurable on or off….very basic and very needed

mountainarts
    Participant

Feature request

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @sayn0thing,

Here’s an example using custom CSS for an image hover overlay https://codepen.io/marklchaves/pen/GRKVqqG

Hi @adasch,

Here’s one solution using the classic WordPress gallery shortcode which can be added to a Fusion Builder element. You can ignore the extra code for custom captions and styling.

https://gist.github.com/marklchaves/1116bba6fcd9688b4df5b121d5d76277

I submitted this custom gallery caption feature to the WordPress core dev team. No movement yet and I’m not holding my breath. I’ll probably turn this solution into a plugin at some point!

Good luck 😉

chadlewine
    Participant

Crazy that this isn’t an option. Please add it!

marklchaves
    Participant

Since there hasn’t been any movement from the WordPress community in four years, and crickets here to, I built a plugin for this. It’s up on the WordPress.org plugin directory.

Shout if you have any questions 😉

chadlewine
    Participant

ooh, amazing. I will check it out. thank you

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @chadlewine,

Cool. Just a heads-up that you might only need to know how to apply the built-in WordPress gallery shortcode. It’s pretty useful on its’ own. I give a few example how to use it.

I prefer using this shortcode over the Avada Gallery element. This element has never worked well for me. Here’s a recent example.

https://youtu.be/RcMTkgbPncI

But, if you want full control of the captions and you write WP filters like they’re going out of style, then the GIC plugin is for you 😉

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.