juleralParticipantJuly 11, 2018 at 8:35 amPost count: 2
Just uploaded 5.6 and the responsive menu and sidebar are not working when the site is viewed on my mobile phone (horizontal view). They display as would on a PC screen, thus the menu appears in full and any page with a side bar is scrunched up. has this happened to anyone else with the upgrade? Any idea how to fix? Thank you for any advice.Michael CKeymasterJuly 11, 2018 at 10:55 amPost count: 532
Ensure that you have cleared all the caches you have running. Also if you have additional minification running, test with that disabled. From the description it very much sounds cache or minification related.christinaduvinageParticipantJuly 21, 2018 at 8:13 pmPost count: 1
Same Problem here. Clearing cache is not solving the issue for me. No minification running either. Any other idea?MichaelKeymasterJuly 22, 2018 at 3:35 pmPost count: 684
Also check for 3rd party plugin conflicts and that the update was performed correctly. As a benchmark, you can check any of the Avada online demos (All running version 5.6.1) on mobile and see the menu/sidebar working as expected -> https://avada.theme-fusion.com/
These are our detailed update instructions:
Updating from an old version of Avada? -> http://bit.ly/2pPNngZ
Important Update Info -> http://bit.ly/1FAmQpu
How to Update -> http://bit.ly/1H8JGzo
Fusion Patcher -> http://bit.ly/1QSd8Ol
Avada Change log -> http://bit.ly/1EK5mAg
Something else that is important is to also ensure any patches that our team releases between update cycles are applied as part of ongoing maintenance for your install and always clear your cache plugins post update
Patches are applied at the click of a button as explained in this help file -> http://bit.ly/1NAWVwM
If you need further assistance please do create a ticket and our team will gladly check your site and assist you.
We look forward to helping you!
Thank you kindlyWebgeistParticipantJuly 23, 2018 at 10:34 amPost count: 3
We have also problems with mobile menu and a sidebar that doesn’t disappear at mobile.
– Deactivation of all Plugins
– Deactivation and activation of Responsive Design in Avada Settings
– Activation of the main theme instead of the child theme
We tried it with different devices.
Thanks for any help!WebgeistParticipantJuly 23, 2018 at 12:41 pmPost count: 3
We did a rollback to 5.5.1 and everything works fine.juleralParticipantJuly 23, 2018 at 12:47 pmPost count: 2
After doing all of the things you and everyone else advised above, I eventually solved the problem by clearing my custom css (in my child theme). I did not identify which custom css was causing the problem (I did not have much), so cleared it all and everything was back working. Hope this helps.WebgeistParticipantJuly 23, 2018 at 2:51 pmPost count: 3
Thank you, there was a css problem because of a wrong character. Now responsive works with 5.6.1. Thanks!frontdesignerParticipantJuly 28, 2018 at 1:52 pmPost count: 1
I have a similar Problem. It looks good until I drag the window to approx. 500px with and then the whole content gets shoved to the left side and gets cut off. The Moblie version does not work for Iphone also some content like 1/3 to the left and 1/3 to the right gets cut off. Please let me know if you have a solution to this.
Thank youquedaoParticipantJuly 29, 2018 at 11:08 amPost count: 2
Same problem here, i have a woocommerce site, the products used to adapt to the whole screen width on mobile devices but know mobile devices are showing like a desktop.emrecosParticipantSeptember 5, 2018 at 7:16 pmPost count: 1
Cleared custom css totally and worked fine for me.
Version : 5.6.2gijsheerkensParticipantOctober 9, 2018 at 11:05 amPost count: 2
I have the same problem and couldn’t fix it until now. I disabled all plugins, deleted all custom CSS and deleted all cache but this didn’t solve the problem.
Are there any other possibilities?gijsheerkensParticipantOctober 10, 2018 at 7:56 amPost count: 2
Had to go back to an older Avada version to solve the problem. I see many people have this issue, so please have a look into this.Michael CKeymasterOctober 10, 2018 at 10:40 amPost count: 532
To clarify a few things here to avoid further confusion.
2. The actual problem in this ticket is a general one which can be caused by many different issues. So although something may appear to be the same, it does not mean it is the root cause. As can be seen by the fact other users in the same ticket solved the problem by clearing invalid custom CSS and for others that was not the case.
3. Many people do not have this problem and if there was a widespread problem with our update then we would release a patch. Additionally, we cannot solve a problem without knowing what it is. In which case we would need further information from you. This particular thread was created when 5.6 was released. Since then we have 3 more releases, all of which we monitor through ticket support. If you do have a problem, please create a support ticket rather than reverting to a previous version.
- The topic ‘Responsive Menu and Sidebar display not working after AVADA upgrade 5.6’ is closed to new replies.