Avada Forums Community Forum PWA active – any tips or tricks to improve PageSpeed Score and Performance?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have PWA active, caching and minifying plugins, lazy loading, preselect sources, async loading, turned off lots of elements, etc. Still having slow mobile load times and poor PageSpeed scores.

– Does the AMP plugin do anything to improve performance?
    – What other things have folks done to improve mobile load times?

I can even live with my marginal PageSpeed mobile score so long as load time is improved far more than it is.

Thoughts on other options (no custom coding).

internetdesk-ictxs
    Participant

When I do a simple pagespeed insights check of the avada fitness example I get scores 24 mobile / 77 desktop.

internetdesk-ictxs
    Participant

When I do a simple pagespeed insights check of the avada fitness example I get scores 24 mobile / 77 desktop.

My own site I optimised to 66 mobile / 94 desktop for example. Load times under 2 seconds desktop and 3 for mobile.

Tried a dozen caching, optimizing and other plugins for faster loading, server side optimisations like moving from apache to nginx, nginx caching, php 7.3, mysql 5.7, webp images… but it doesn’t do much. Especially mobile display times and scores are a bit dissapointing.

AVADA is one of my favorite theme’s for looks and possibilities, but not when it comes to speed and SEO optimizing. Really depends on the goal of the website.
    It loads a ton of java an CSS and older jquery versions. Same goes for example DIVI or other themes with this much granularity control.

Let me know what site you are working on, I can give some tips.

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @bill-woodr3now-com,

I would run a Lighthouse PWA audit on your site if you haven’t yet. This should tell you if PWA is set up properly and your service worker is caching stuff.

You can check my screengrabs as an example for comparing browser caching for a non-PWA and PWA.

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.