Avada Forums Community Forum Put site UNDER CONSTRUCTION?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, New to wordpress and Avada theme. I purchased the theme and will install it as soon as I figure out how to get this done. But, there is an OLD website in place that will be replaced with the wordpress one. My question is once I put the wordpress website in place, the “new, unfinished website that I am working on” will be visible to people on the website.

Is there a way for me to work on the website but have a “under construction” page with a message showing on the website until I am done with the new website?

Please KEEP IN MIND I am new to wordpress and Avada Mechanic theme that I am thinking of using. So, need something simple that a beginner can understand and do.

I learn fast just need a little guidance.

Thanks!

IMYB
    Participant

Someone mentioned that I should install wordpress & the theme in a FOLDER to work on it until the site is done and after “move” it somehow? Does that make sense?

ValekLost
    Participant

I don’t working on a new website to replace an older live site, but I’m using one of the WordPress plugins available in its free version. It’s low customizable but if someone stumbles on my homepage it does its work.
    I think mine is called “UnderContruction”.

Once I installed WordPress and Avada, I searched it through the “Plugin” item on the left menu, then “Add New”. It brings you to the list of all the available plugins for WordPress, then you search “UnderConstruction” (or a similar one) and install it 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.