Home Forums Community Forum Privacy Bar (Does Not Disappear On All Pages When Button Clicked)

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As stated, our Privacy bar does not disappear on all website pages when we click on the Privacy bar button (“Accept”), only the page where the button was clicked.

We believe the issue is caused by Cloudflare (which we use). It appears Cloudflare is displaying previously-cached pages which still include the Privacy bar.

Anybody experiencing the same issue? Any ideas on how to fix this? Any Cloudflare page rule(s) we can use to mitigate this issue?

Meanwhile, we have reached out to Cloudflare Support with the same question. Will update this post when we receive a reply from them.

Thank you!

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

Additional Info: The issue also varies depending on the type of browser you’re using!

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

SOLUTION:

Below please find Cloudflare’s response. We implemented their solution. It worked.

Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some difficulties here.

I browsed your site for a bit (went to about, services, and news) and after using the accept button I didn’t see the privacy bar on any following sites. However, I did not have any cache hits on the HTML.

I assume the fact if this bar is being displayed usually depends on the presence of a cookie and if you registered that the accept button has been clicked with that cookie. If you set up cache everything the HTML of your site will be cached the way it is presented to the first visitor after the TTL has expired. If that is a visitor without a cookie or someone that hasn’t accepted yet, the version with the bar will be cached and just served like that to every subsequent visitor until the cache TTL expires again.

In this case, I would recommend not caching HTML, to ensure that every visitor receives the appropriate version of your website (with our without the bar). You can exclude HTML from being cached while having cache everything set up with a page rule that sets cache level to bypass for yourwebsite.com/*.html.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or if there is anything else we can do for you.

Cheers!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.