Avada Forums Community Forum Posts are broken: Site header loads, then nothing else

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I updated one of my sites to 7.9 and all blog posts are now blank pages except for the site header.

Based on other posts here, it seems this update has got a ton of problems. It’s strange, because past Avada updates have always gone smoothly for me. Was this update rushed or something?

Anyway, I’m rolling my site back to a backup from earlier today and will be holding off on updates for a long while. Thanks for messing up my evening.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @John-ismrm

None of our update is rushed, we do alot of beta testing in house before every release and same is the case with 7.9, however since we have made some major changes including the refactoring of elements, and widgets handling you might need to most probably regenerate your Critical CSS and also clear your browser or plugin(s) cache once after update.

Thanks

-Ammar

wpwmaken
    Participant

Already 3 users with same problem which cannot be fixed with a simple clearing cache. Is looks as if Avada is not interested in finding a solution and as I have events with tickets I cannot roll back, because I will lose sold tickets.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @wpwmaken

You have a grandfathered support and should be able to open a support ticket, Avada has thousands of customers on various kinds of setups and resources, you can not exactly tell what could be causing the issue without taking a look into each of the site.

Click Here to Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

wpwmaken
    Participant

for my site it appears to be a conflict with events tickets of The Events Calendar – disabling events tickets solves the problem. But we cannot disable events tickets as this is the lifeline of the company. I have started support ticket with avada as well as the events calendar.

marksson
    Participant

I have the same issue here and I’ve been at it for a few hours now. The only way to see the post content is to disable the Avada child theme that i have, but that’s not what I want.

It is not a plugin conflict – I have tried to disable them all.

This should be patched asap

Michael C
    Keymaster

If the problem is coming from your child theme then you will need to update your custom code. If its a fatal error, turn on WP debug to check what the specific error is.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Michael C.
    marksson
    Participant

Yes, thanks for that. My colleague had actually just solved it by diving into the child theme. As it turns out, we had an older piece of code that was not working because the new version is like this: <section id=”content” style=”<?php esc_attr_e( apply_filters( ‘awb_content_tag_style’, ” ) ); ?>”>

But I think Avada should have provided a hook for this to prevent stuff from breaking.

verenak
    Participant

Same here. The problem was the child theme. Very disappointing!

roosites
    Participant

I opened a ticket for this, I am getting a fatal error for my posts, here are the errors. Please note: I just update the plug-ins everything works fine. But as soon as I update Avada I get a fatal error on my posts. I also tried just updating Nevada and not those plug-ins and same result.

Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/category-wise-search/category-wise-search.php on line 144

Notice: Function is_feed was called incorrectly. Conditional query tags do not work before the query is run. Before then, they always return false. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.1.0.) in /home/*/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5835

Warning: array_diff(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, null given in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/Features.php on line 184

Warning: array_values() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/Features.php on line 184

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/Features.php on line 195

Warning: array_diff(): Expected parameter 1 to be an array, null given in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/Features.php on line 184

Warning: array_values() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/Features.php on line 184

Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/Features.php on line 195

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/Features/Features.php on line 135

Please advise, thanks

roosites
    Participant

I looked into the child theme as mentioned above and that stopped the fatal error. However now my single post is showing the sidebar below, not to the side as it was.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @roosites

We have your ticket with us and it will be replied by our team soon 🙂

Thanks

-Ammar

john-ismrm
    Participant

I figured out the problem. In my child theme’s single.php file, one line had to be changed to match what the new version of Avada has in its single.php.

Old version:
    <section id="content" <?php Avada()->layout->add_style( 'content_style' ); ?>>

New version:
    <section id="content" style="<?php echo esc_attr( apply_filters( 'awb_content_tag_style', '' ) ); ?>">

Updating that fixed the problem with the blog posts appearing blank. There don’t appear to be any other differences, aside from my own styling customizations.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.