Avada Forums Community Forum Position of drop down menu – header 2 & 3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know how to decrease the space between the menu and drop down menu? I want to keep the menu centered but want the drop-down menu to display directly under it rather than down at the page title bar as it does currently:

https://www.griffinot.com/sensory-processing-disorder-training/

I can get it to move up if I move the entire menu up in menu height but I want the menu to be where it currently is and the drop-down menus to move up. Just can’t seem to solve it. Any help appreciated!

Thanks Kim

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi KimG

The position of the main menu drop down will always start/match the height of the main menu items set in -> Avada >> Menu >> Main Menu >> Main Menu Height, there is no negative margin setting for the drop position (this is intentional).

You can change this though with a snippet of CSS, add the following to the Avada >> Custom CSS section:

.fusion-main-menu .sub-menu {
    margin-top: -70px !important;
    }

The -70px is for your site, the amount of negative top margin will depend on a sites main menu height value (in px)

Thank you kindly

KimG
    Participant

Thank you 🙂 That has worked perfectly. Is there also a piece of css that will then stop that reposition when the sticky header resizes to smaller? Thank you in advance.

MarcoWirtl
    Participant

@KimG found a solution for the sticky header? Facing the same issue.

eCronik
    Participant

Same – how to tweak the dropdown-position for the resized sticky header/menu separately?

thomsenogco
    Participant

When the header is sticky, it gets a new class .fusion-is-sticky

So you should have both of these in your css.

.fusion-main-menu .sub-menu {
    margin-top: -70px !important;
    }

.fusion-is-sticky .fusion-main-menu .sub-menu {
    margin-top: 0px !important;
    }

fizzgig314
    Participant

This was really helpful. Wondering how this can be applied to the left/right dropdown positions. Since some are left justified and some are right justified, is there a way to do this?

https://amguarddev.wpengine.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.