Avada Forums Community Forum Plugin Updates

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi There – Some of the plugins I am using that are embedded within Avada need to be updated but they generally do not update until a major release of Avada. This is more annoying than anything else to see the red update circle constantly on the Admin screen. Am I doing something wrong? I have registered Avada and everything is working great; I am just wondering if there’s a way to get more frequent/timely updates of the embedded plugins without buying separate licenses for them.

Thank you!

revans0636
    Participant

Short answer is NO.

JustinGreis
    Participant

Yeah, I figured… More of a suggestion I guess… Would be nice if they allowed updates of the plugins more frequently.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi JustinGreis,

Which plugin in particular are looking to update? We usually add the latest versions as soon as they become available and we can check compatibility. Also, we no longer require a theme update to provide these, which offers more frequent plugin update.

Not all updates are released to us straight away however (for example ConvertPlus sometimes delay updates). In those cases our hands are tied.

JustinGreis
    Participant

Hi Michael – ConvertPlus is the culprit! It has required an update now for 2-3 weeks. I am running v3.3.6 and the updated version is v3.4.0.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi JustinGreis,

I just checked and ConvertPlus still haven’t fully released their 3.4 update. I’ll check into whether or not we can get around that, but for now I cannot update that.

JustinGreis
    Participant

It looks like they have released it: https://www.convertplug.com/plus/changelog/

It is coming up as needing an update in WordPress as well.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi JustinGreis,

Yes, on their own website it says they have. However, on the Envato marketplace they have not. We are in contact with them about why that is the case. For now we have managed to source the update elsewhere and have updated. So this should now be available for you (may take some time to show up).

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @justingreis & @revans0636

To clarify, all Avada bundled plugins can be updated independent of the actual theme update. Please see this help file -> https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/plugins/avada-required-and-bundled-plugins/

“IMPORTANT NOTE: As of Avada 5.4.1, Avada bundled plugins can be updated independently and outside of an Avada theme update. The update notification will be visible and can be accessed via the Avada > Plugins section.”

The issue with Convert Plus releasing versions outside of the marketplace is just odd and we are trying to find out why.

Thank you kindly

JustinGreis
    Participant

Thanks Michael. Good info. I had tried repeatedly to update ConvertPlus through the WP-Admin updates and plugin screens but it kept on telling me I had to buy a license to update it. Weird… I haven’t had an issue with any other plugins.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi,

For bundled plugin updates, these need to be done from Avada > Plugins – rather than the default WP plugins screen. If you update from there it should work correctly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.