Home Forums Community Forum No SVG Support for Header 1 in Avada 6.* ?

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Hello There

This is Ammar, it is definitely possible to use SVG logos with Avada, we have a very detailed article explaining this in details here => https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/images/using-svg-in-avada/

Also please do note that you have active support and can open a support ticket with us and our team will get back to you as soon as possible.

Because the ThemeFusion Community Section is only meant for community discussions and generalities, we are not able to provide support here. Please create a support ticket using the link below and our support team will gladly assist and guide you

Click Here To Create An Account & Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

marklchaves
    Participant

Thanks for the prompt reply, Ammar.

Yes, I’m aware of your Using SVG in Avada article. Like all your documentation, it’s well written and clear. But, I don’t see how it’s possible to add a code block (as the article specifies) into the logo settings for Header 1 in the Avada Theme Options. Maybe I’m missing something? I’ve been spinning up and deploying Avada sites since 2015. It’s always possible I could be missing something 😉

Anyway, I know for sure I can easily add a SVG logo files to my headers in Avada 5.9.1 through the logo options interface. Using Avada 6 today for the first time, I wasn’t able to (my uploaded SVG file wasn’t showing up as an option to select from). Again, maybe I’m missing something simple here–hopefully.

I appreciate the reminder that I have active support. Ironically, I’ve deployed so many Avada sites for other people that I forgot I have support of my own lol. I’ll follow-up with a formal support ticket.

Thanks again!

tommytompkins
    Participant

Hello,

I am also aware of that article but for some reason I can’t get SVG files to display. It lets me upload the file, but it just displays blank. I confirmed that my SVG files have height and width properties in the code as described by your article but it still doesn’t work. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tommy

giusan
    Participant

Hi there,

If anyone like me is still looking for a solution (I found this page first today, because I saw a tutorial by Theme Fusion saying I could use SVG logo in header but was unable to upload it, so looked for some help), here it is. I looked a little bit around and found the topic on WordPress.org (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/sorry-this-file-type-is-not-permitted-for-security-reasons-16/). You can read and understand the issue there. The solution (explicitly tried on Avada) is a bit of code you should add to functions.php sheet. I did it and it worked.
    The piece of code is this, but please go to page to understand by yourself:

function fix_avada_mime_types($mime){
    	$mime['svg']='image/svg+xml';
    	return $mime;
    }
    add_filter('upload_mimes', 'fix_avada_mime_types', 99);

Regards,

Giuseppe

giusan
    Participant

Just to be complete, I dit it on a fresh install of Avada 6.2.2

cardsolutionsbv
    Participant

Same here. Really an annoying problem! How to fix this?

Bueli
    Participant

It didn’t word for me. So are there any other ideas?
    When will Avada have this fixed?

AnkitDesigns
    Participant

This article helped me. I had to add the width and height of the vector to the actual file itself in an editor to get it to pull.

https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/images/using-svg-in-avada/

gjelbrim
    Participant

It worked, thanky you

wakewa
    Participant

I had the same problem and this wordpress extension did the trick for me
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/safe-svg/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.