Avada Forums Community Forum Multiple PHP Errors after Update – Site no longer accessible

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all,

yesterday i updated my website to the most recent WordPress Version and installed an available patch for Avada / FusionBuilder.
    Since this patch was installed, the website stopped working. All i get is php errors. Even on the wp-admin site.
    If i rename the Avada Theme Folder via FTP, WordPress swaps to a different Theme and at least the admin site is reachable.
    I already disabled and deleted / reinstalled Avada Core and Avada Builder as mentioned in FAQs.
    As soon as the Avada PageBuilder Plugin gets active, php errors occure again.

Webserver uses PHP 8.0, all other plugins disabled.

These are the Errors. Maybe someone got the trick for me?

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function fusion_calc_color_brightness() in /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/shortcodes/fusion-blog.php:1452 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/inc/class-fusion-builder-element.php(112): FusionSC_Blog->add_styling() #1 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/shortcodes/fusion-blog.php(102): Fusion_Element->__construct() #2 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/shortcodes/fusion-blog.php(1958): FusionSC_Blog->__construct() #3 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/fusion-builder.php(591): require_once('/homepages/15/d...') #4 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/fusion-builder.php(1422): FusionBuilder->init_shortcodes() #5 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/fusion-builder.php(200): FusionBuilder->includes() #6 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/fusion-builder.php(174): FusionBuilder->__construct() #7 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/fusion-builder.php(2230): FusionBuilder::get_instance() #8 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(307): fusion_builder_activate('') #9 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(331): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #10 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-includes/plugin.php(474): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #11 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-settings.php(565): do_action('after_setup_the...') #12 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-config.php(80): require_once('/homepages/15/d...') #13 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-load.php(50): require_once('/homepages/15/d...') #14 /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-admin/admin.php(34): require_once('/homepages/15/d...') #15 {main} thrown in /homepages/15/d128465491/htdocs/clickandbuilds/FliesenstudioBGL/wp-content/plugins/fusion-builder/shortcodes/fusion-blog.php on line 1452

MatMad
    Participant

Found a workaround.. i commented out the whole function add_styling() from line 1445 to 1839 in the fusion-blog.php

Website is running fine again…

Michael C
    Keymaster

Which versions of Avada and Avada Builder do you have? The function in your error log no longer exists in 7.7. Which makes me think either the versions are mismatched and something needs to be updated or that the file has been edited.

MatMad
    Participant

I think it was an older version, maybe 7.2. But i couldn´t update the plugin, because as soon as the plugin got activated, site was defective.

I´m a bit scared of clicking this Update Button again now.. So i´ll leave it as it is.

Thanks anyway for your reply!

Michael C
    Keymaster

Its not 100% clear, but if you mean you updated the theme from 7.2 > 7.7, then the plugins will also need to be updated. The error is due to the fact that they aren’t. You may get around that particular error by editing the code, but you will definitely have many many more issues beyond that with mismatched versions that differ that much.

Just looking through the file history, we actually removed that function call from fusion-blog in version 6 of Avada (2.0 Builder). So at least 2.5 years ago. That plugin will definitely not be compatible with the theme at 7.7.

MatMad
    Participant

Hi Michael,

updated everything now.

But just to make clear, i was not able to update the Builder Plugin without commenting out this function, because the Theme wanted me to activate the old plugin first, before the “Update” button appeared. Which i was not able to, because the whole site was broken after the Plugin got active.

Thanks for your Help!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.