Home Forums Community Forum Mobile Site Performance is TERRIBLE (even with LOTS of optimizations)

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I thank you for sharing optimization tips, but I think I’ll switch to another theme for future projects. A lightweight one.

I’ve encountered major problems with Avada, google mobile score and an Adwords Grants campaign. Long story short, the mobile score is destroying the Grants outcome.

I’ll probably follow your optimization tips for a site or two, but I will most likely abandon Avada for future projects, sadly.
    As long as Avada staff doesn’t give some solutions soon.

B W
    Participant

Sadly at some point, when I have the time to rebuild my site, I will be abandoning Avada as well. It is actually too bad because there are lots of great tools and options but the performance problems directly impact my SEO from Google and Bing.

B W
    Participant

Dear Avada,

Your latest version seems to have eliminated the ability to disable individual Fusion Builder Elements. Most sites never use more than 1/2 (if that) of the Fusion Builder Elements. Simply put an “on / off” button on each element and add the coding to exclude the associated JavaScript and any CSS associated with that element.

That ONE THING would likely allow site level customization to improve performance by around an average of 25%, possibly much higher.

I am suggesting 25% because I am guessing that eliminating some 40-60% of the elements for most sites would reduce the JS payload size by that much, and the server side processing by at least 30-40% for those items. Reducing the associated CSS would also cut down on the payload and allow the page to render far faster as well. Most folks should see at least a 25% performance improvement.

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

@BW,

Avada 6.2.2 (latest version as of March 30, 2020) still provides the ability to turn on/off Fusion Builder elements (features). Info below will provide what you need plus a few more useful tips to make your website faster (both mobile and desktop).

(1) Go to: WP Dashboard > Avada > Fusion Builder > Settings

(2) Go to: WP Dashboard > Avada > Theme Options > Advanced > Theme Features

(3) Visit: https://themeskills.com/speed-up-avada-wordpress-theme/

(4) Visit: https://www.quora.com/I-use-theme-Avada-to-launch-my-website-but-it-is-very-slow-How-do-I-improve-the-speed/answer/Mark-Chaves

We followed the above and now our website is scoring 77 (mobile) and 97 (desktop) per PageSpeed Insights.

Best wishes!

B W
    Participant

Thank you Mark. I really do appreciate the help.

Had already done most of these, even the elements disable under Fusion. I just forgot about it being under Fusion Builder rather than in the Theme Options. Just a painful process trying to isolate all of the elements used on the site, and then manually coding the deregister processing. They REALLY should make this all easier. It would be nice if there was a simple “on/off” button on the Elements under the Theme Options area and if that “Off” status would also deregister the script. That is a very doable change.

Right now I am battling with chasing down which elements I can disable and which corresponding scripts to deregister. Then if I ever want to use one, I have the fun of doing that again trying to figure out which is which. Not very intuitive.

Okay, now that my gripe is out of the way, thank you again! Your help is really much appreciated!

paulad
    Participant

Hi

Same issues, the mobile speed optimisation needs sorting before we stop using the theme.

We believe this is really affecting rankings.

Love the theme and on a desktop its great, but I have had someone spend hours and hours trying different tips and tricks and the mobile site is awful 23%.

There must be something you can do to fix it 🙂 and make it a priority 🙂

Please HELP

Beafer
    Participant

The same problem PageSpeed Insights:
    Mobile 60
    Desktop 94

that’s all after long way of optimization
    Hope Avada team make some conclusions

Beafer
    Participant

The same problem PageSpeed Insights:
    Mobile 65
    Desktop 94

that’s all after long way of optimization
    Hope Avada team make some conclusions

Beafer
    Participant

The last one:
    Example

I believe it could be better 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.