Avada Forums Community Forum Mobile Menu (How to make Main Menu Item toggle to Sub-Menu Item?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Blocked

Hey there!

When I click on the mobile menu “hamburger,” how can I make the main menu items (links) toggle to display their sub-menu items when I click on them? The “down arrow” next to the main menu items is very small — many times useless or a hassle to use.

Toggling to display the sub-menu items when the main menu item is clicked is a much better experience as offered by many other website themes. Perplexed that the Avada team hasn’t fixed this yet or incorporated this as a feature in their theme.

Hoping some you “gurus” can share (or come up with) a CSS to fix this.

Thank you!

Karina Varner
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. It used to toggle. Bug maybe? Anyone have answers?

steven66
    Participant

I am using avada version 5.6.1
    The mobile menu is not showing any sub menu levels. I have assigned the menu to mobile menu but sub menu items not showing. No arrow. Any suggestions as to where to look.
    Thank you

steven66
    Participant

Solved:
    I had the menu set to flyout in Avada Themes – Menu – Mobile Menu
    If I change it to Classic or Modern the arrow appears and sub menus work

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

@steven66: Glad it worked for you! Unfortunately, your answer does not appear to solve the original problem presented above.

To clarify…

Currently, when you click on the mobile menu “hamburger,” the website’s main menu items appear with a small arrow next to them indicating there are sub-menu items. When we click on one of these main menu items, we are directed to the corresponding web page instead of displaying the sub-menu items in the menu. The only way to achieve this (i.e., display sub-menu items) is to click on the down arrow.

Here’s a good example of what I’m trying to convey:

(1) Using your mobile device, visit this website: https://avada.theme-fusion.com. Click on the ‘hamburger,” then tap on “Home.” You’ll be directed to the “Home” web page. The sub-menu items won’t be displayed (you have to click on the down arrow to make it happen).

vs.

(2) Using your mobile device, visit this website: https://www.distilled.net. Click on the “hamburger,” then tap on “Resources.” Sub-menu items will then be displayed.

See the difference? Can you help find a solution for this?

Hope this makes more sense now. Cheers.

PS: Not affiliated with any of the above websites.

strangefinder
    Participant

i did this in the custom css, but nor a real solution

.fusion-open-submenu::before {
    content: ‘ \e61f \00a0’;
    font-size: 18px;
    font-weight: bold;

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

@strangefinder: Nice try! As you know, not what we’re looking for. May be helpful for other users. Thanks anyway.

bozonja
    Participant

I also have this issue…

TS
    Participant

Me too. This should be a template limitation.

I’m wondering when Avada can solve this issue, it makes no sense.

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

All,

Avada has conveyed to me they plan to take care of this in a forthcoming update. Stay tuned.

Cheers!

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

All,

I can confirm that this issue has been solved with Avada 5.7.1.

Avada 5.7.1 Changelog Entry: “- FIXED: Mobile menu empty parent links not toggling sub-menus on click”

Please note that the fix applies only to mobile menu “empty” parent links. To create mobile menu “empty” parent links and sub-menu links, follow these steps:

(1) Go to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Menus > Custom Links
    (2) At the top of the screen where is says “Select a menu to edit”, select “Mobile Menu” (or similar).
    (3) At the bottom of the screen where it says “Menu Settings” and “Display Location”, select “Mobile Navigation”.
    (4) In Custom Links, enter “#” (no quotes) in the URL field, then enter the name of your parent link (e.g., ABOUT) in the Link Text field.
    (5) Click the “Add to Menu” button.
    (6) Repeat Steps (4) and (5) above for all “empty” parent links you want to create.
    (7) After creating all of your “empty” parent links, create all of your corresponding sub-menu links under each “empty” parent link using Custom Links again, except enter the proper URL address of the link you wish to use and its corresponding name (e.g., Our Team, Our Company, etc.) in the Link Text field.

Cheers!

philipbutlerfreelance
    Participant

Hi, I’m still having the problem whereby the submenu items do not show on the flyout menu. I’ve checked @Jetxpert-Envato solution and my menu is set up correctly using ’empty’ parent links. I’m using Avada 5.8.1 and all themefusion plugins are up to date. I have the header layout set to option 3 and mobile menu set to flyout but I don’t see the dropdown icon in the flyout menu and the dropdowns don’t work when clicked/tapped. There are no javascript errors showing in the chrome console. Tested on chrome(mac), Safari (iphone) and Firefox (PC). When I switch to ‘classic’ or ‘modern’ the submenu dropdown items show up and work fine. I’m about to raise a support ticket to see if I can get to the bottom of this.

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

Your best bet is to submit a ticket to Avada, as you indicated. Cheers!

philipbutlerfreelance
    Participant

Just heard back from Adada Support, here is what they have to say:

Flyout menu does not support sub-menus right now, its a feature planned for future development of Avada and I have submitted a +1 vote on our developer to-do list item on your behalf.

So anyone wanting to have a flyout with dropdowns, may I suggest you vote to get it included!

devutoo
    Participant

Here, me! Where can I vote?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.