Avada Forums Community Forum Migrating to Avada – Convert Portfolio Attachment Images to Featured Images?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am in the middle of migrating a very picture-heavy website from a poorly maintained Theme over to Avada. The old theme used a ‘Portfolio’ post type which hosts over 100 Portfolio posts, each of which have anywhere from 5 – 30 attachment images.

I ran a SQL script to update all of their post_types from “Portfolio” to “avada_portfolio” so that they were visible in Avada’s Portfolio items, but I’m having a hard time figuring out how to most efficiently “convert” them to look & feel like Avada.

In the old theme, attachment images were automatically displayed in an image carousel in the single post portfolio pages and hidden from the main description/content area. In Avada, unless I am missing something, this isn’t an option.

It seems that Avada does support an image carousel of sorts for Single Portfolio pages, but only with Featured Image(s), not with image attachments. Any image attachments from the old portfolio pages from the old theme are just rendered as images at the bottom of the portfolio page in Avada, and clicking on them brings me to the attachment on its own page rather than opening the image modal.

So, a few questions:
    1. Am I correct that Avada has no native way (without customizing the php in child themes) to take all images uploaded to the Editor (as attached Media) and display them on the Portfolio Page in a clean carousel/modal?
    2. Is there any easy way for me to take all of the image attachments from our old Portfolio posts and convert them into Featured Image(s) so that the old posts adhere to the new format, without updating them one by one?
    3. Are there any pre-built, 3rd party Single Portfolio Page .php files that I could use in a child theme to improve on Avada’s native Portfolio features?

Morgan
    Participant

Can anyone help with this please?? It’s the only thing I have left to do in order to fully convert the data from their old theme into Avada.

Can someone at least tell me the names of the meta data columns in the database that I would need to insert to link to Avadas custom featured images (2-30?)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.