Avada Forums Community Forum Menus disappear intermittently with latest WP update

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Our site automatically updated to the latest version of WP on Thursday and our navigation menus on desktop and mobile are disappearing intermittently. About half the time they load correctly and the rest of the time they are completely missing. We looked at both Chrome and Safari, desktop and mobile, cleared caches, tried incognito windows, disabled all plugins etc and there seems to be no pattern. Sometimes they load/display and sometimes they don’t. Is this a known issue? I am hoping there will be an Avada patch to fix this?

kohrye
    Participant

This has been happening to me for months and I am close to losing my mind. I opened a ticket but they’re blaming cache. I’ve deactivated all plugins and cleared all the caches and still this random intermittent header disappearing act. It doesn’t discriminate on any certain page either. Sometimes it shows up, and like now, it’s gone. I’m glad to hear someone else having this issue! If you figure out a solution please share.

Shaminder
    Keymaster

Hi

Generally this is due to cache or due to a JS error. JS error would generally causes issues in Animations loading (if the menu is using animations) and not allow the menu to show
    Cache on the other hand can cause CSS and JS errors by loading expired stylesheet and JS files. Try adding a random parameter to the URL link to see if this fixes it eg http://www.domain.com/?123 (?123 is the random parameter here). If it does, it is a cache issue and you should make check by disabling cache plugins

Also do make some standard checks after making backups

1) Can you to disable all third party plugins except Fusion builder and Fusion core and check if the issue still persists
    2) Disable any child theme and switch to the parent theme to check if the issue is resolved
    3) Ensure that you have no system values showing in red. You can check this by going to WordPress admin panel dashboard > Avada > System status. Please do ask your host to adjust any values that you see in red
    4) Clear the cache from Avada options, by going to WordPress admin panel dashboard > Avada > Theme options > Advanced > Dynamic CSS and JS and click on “Reset Avada caches”, Screenshot here. Please clear all server and browser cache post this and re-check the front end of your site in an incognito window
    5) Finally, please do ensure that you have all theme and bundled plugins updated to the latest version

Note that the Avada community forum is primarily for a user to user interaction.

If you would like hands-on assistance here, please register for support and create a support ticket as explained here → https://theme-fusion.com/avada-doc/getting-started/avada-theme-support

Thank you!

Shaminder

kohrye
    Participant

Hello, I submitted a new ticket and found out that there was rendering logic on my container that came from the template I used. That explains it! My problem was not a bug or caching issue, just a setting I missed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.