Avada Forums Community Forum manifest.json Requested but Doesn't Exist

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

My site keeps linking a nonexistent manifest.json (around line 138), and is adding around 2-5 seconds to my load time. My understanding is that manifest is primarily used for web apps, but Avada’s PWA plugin is not, and has never been, installed. When I submitted a support ticket, the representative insisted that it had to do with hosting. I checked with my hosting company and they confirmed what I already suspected: since I installed the site myself on cPanel, they have basically no influence on the code of the site. I’ve tried disabling plugins to see if anything changed, but that stupid manifest.json link won’t go away.

Has anyone ever had this issue, or know of any use for that file other than web apps?

Thank you.

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @c13creative,

I’m guessing that you see this line of code on your page?

<link rel="manifest" href="https://YOURDOMAIN/wp-json/wp/v2/web-app-manifest">

If so, I would hit-up the PWA plugin forum. The plugin author, Weston Ruter, is pretty on top of things. Maybe ask how to clean-up the plugin completely from your install (i.e. which files/directories to delete, which DB tables to drop). Maybe also ask him for the remove_filter syntax to strip out that line of code above if needed.

Just a FYI that I use the PWA plugin for my own site. But, for my Avada clients (none of my clients use the PWA plugin) I can verify that the line of code above does not exist on their web pages.

My two cents.

Good luck!

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @C13creative

This is Ammar and I am Support Manager here at ThemeFusion. Apologies regarding the ticket, it appears that you have it placed inside the Theme options > Tracking Code Field area manually for some reason, please see this screenshot => https://d.pr/free/i/8KRgeE

Please remove that link from there and it will not load anymore for you, if you need further assistance with this, please respond back to the ticket and we will further assist you.

Thanks

-Ammar

c13creative
    Participant

Well I feel stupid. I am not sure why I added that line or where it came from. Thanks for the help everyone.

Now it’s a 1.4 second fully load time. New personal record.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @c13creative

Not a problem, glad to hear we could assist 🙂
    Have a nice day!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.