Avada Forums Community Forum Mailchimp Optional Opt-In Field in Avada Form?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Mailchimp integration is working on my Avada forms, but I need to take it a step further. I want to add a checkbox to my contact form that allows the user to opt into my Mailchimp audience. It should allow them to opt in if the box is checked or opt out (aka, ignore Mailchimp) if it is not.

The current Mailchimp integration does not give the end user a choice. If it’s turned on, the user is added with or without their knowledge. But most users would expect a checkbox giving them the option to subscribe or not.

My current workaround is to add a checkbox field that allows me to segment the audience in Mailchimp. But, this is clunky and not truly GDPR compliant.

Any other ideas would be welcome.

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello @aggrrssive

We actually already have an option for this inside our Avada Forms Options, once you integrate Mailchimp, you should see an option for doublt opt In, this option then enable an additional email which will be sent to the user upon data submission, if the user then agrees only then they should be added to mailing list, this is also mentioned in our document post for Mailchimp here => https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/forms/how-to-integrate-mailchimp-with-avada-forms/

Also, please know that you have a valid support with us and should be able to open a support ticket anytime you want.

Click Here to Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.