Avada Forums Community Forum Layout Builder Known Issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The new layout builder is a great idea and an awesome feature if you are not using MemberPress, LearnDash, BbPress, or BuddyPress. However, if you are using any of the previously mentioned plugins on your Avada site, you will not be able to use the Layout Builder.

I have tried all these plugins with the new Layout builder and they all have the same bug. The content of the plugin pages are duplicated in the Header, content area, and footer.

For example: I want to use a custom content area using the Layout Builder on a LearnDash post. So I go to Avada > Layout Builder > Create a layout > Assign it to all LearnDash posts. Now when I look at my LearnDash post the content area is showing a duplicate of the LearnDash post content. The only way I can get around this is adding CSS to “display: none;” on all LearnDash elements in the content area. This only gets worse if you try to have a custom header or footer on LearnDash posts. Here is a screenshot if any of you care to see what I am talking about: https://share.getcloudapp.com/8Lu7jGAe.

This is happening for me with LearnDash, MemberPress, BbPress, and BuddyPress.

I have opened a support ticket with Theme Fusion and they claim they are working on a fix for this. I think that this is a very important topic as thousands of Avada users have LearnDash, MemberPress, etc. installed on their site and we are unable to use the Layout Builder.

Do any of you developers/smart people have an idea about how/why this is happening? I’d like to have a better solution other than adding “display: none;” to each element that is “duplicated”.

Maximus80
    Keymaster

Hello,

basically this is happening because these plugins are using the_content filter, and inject their content, overwriting the Avada template builder one. We are working on fixing these issues, but since they are specific to the plugins, it is not always that easy.

In Avada 7.1, bbPress, LearnDash, Dokan and MediaVine have already been fixed.

Thanks

carlmansson92
    Participant

Lazy Load can’t be turned off in 7.1. Wp rocket telling me Avada Lazy Loading is enabled even though it’s turned off.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi carlmansson92,

I replied to your other thread. That looks to be something that WP Rocket needs to update on their end rather than being layout builder related.

Thanks

christianinternetd
    Participant

Hi @Maximus80

I have Avada 7.1 and my LearnDash content is still being duplicated. I do see that the header and footer are fixed, but the content area is still showing a duplicate.

Here is a screenshot of a lesson: https://share.getcloudapp.com/2NujXZL5

Here is a screenshot of the Lesson Layout Builder Template: https://share.getcloudapp.com/Blu1Z6k1

This is because I have the “Content” element on the layout, but if I do not use this element then no content shows up at all on the lesson. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

jugglersteve
    Participant

Hi,
    This is also happening with the Events Manager plugin. The global header and footer are being replaced with Events Manager content (e.g. lists of events, locations etc.). Looking on the Events Manager community forum, they say that this is happening due to themes “using the_content() in the footer somewhere, perhaps using custom queries that don’t reset properly or take CPTs into account”.
    Can Avada add events manager to the list of plugins to support please?
    Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.