Avada Forums Community Forum Jetpack tiled galleries not working in WP 5.6.1 – Avada theme 7.2.1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have turned off lightbox in Avada. I am using the tiled gallery option from Jetpack. This worked before but not sure how far back in Avada version. When I change theme to e.g. Twenty Nineteen. The tiled gallery works but the lightbox/gallery does not work. It just opens the image. When I change back to Avada, I can only choose “Thumbnail Grid” and “Slideshow”. But when I click a picture it starts the Jetpack lightbox gallery.

Here is the page where the galleries should be tiled mosaic:
    https://biofokus.no/basiskartlegging-i-verneomrader-for-miljodirektoratet-oslo-viken-og-trondelag/

Here is how the same post looks like (with caption showing on mouseover) in another theme:
    https://imgur.com/a/2QDXGsh

Here is what only shows on image gallery options:
    https://imgur.com/a/Uq2WSAe

So definitely something to do with Avada. Any ideas?

asle
    Participant

Anyone else using Jetpack tiled galleries with Avada theme?

asle
    Participant

I am surprised no one has this problem. I wonder what is wrong with my Avada installation. If I change to another theme like Twenty Nineteen, the Jetpack Tiled Mosaic gallery works fine. I have even tried to disable all plugins except Avada Core and Avada Builder (which I believe must be enabled for Avada to work). Still I am not able to see any option in gallery for Tiled Mosaic. Seems something in Avada is blocking Jetpack.

asle
    Participant

I found out the problem was with my functions.php when I was using Avada child theme. The problem I have now is I want to use Jetpacks “Tiled Mosaic” layout and lightbox on image galleries.
    – If I disable Avada lightbox, the Jetpacks lightbox does not work.
    – If I enable Avada lightbox and Jetpack, I get the tiled mosaic layout for galleries, and when I click on a gallery I get the Avada lightbox but it is missing TITLE and CAPTION!

geneise
    Participant

I have the EXACT same issue, and it is driving me bananas. What’s worse is that if you use a Jetpack tiled gallery (which is much easier to build and maintain than the Avada tiled gallery) … when you mouse over the image, the caption pops up.

If you click the image, it opens the Avada lighbox with no caption. BUT, if you click the actual caption, it opens the Jetpack lightbox with caption.

There has to be a way around this conflict, but I haven’t found it yet.

asle
    Participant

Let me know if you have any progress on this. There seems to be conflicts with the Avavada light box and Jetpack. I am now using the plugin “Tiled Gallery Carousel Without JetPack” with only the tiled mosaic function. I have got the tiled mosaic gallery working and (I guess from this plugin) the lightbox. I do not have caption text on mouseover. If I enable the Avada light box it does not show any title or caption text in the lightbox. Also I want a horizontal scrolling and not the vertical scrolling in the Avada lightbox.

The main reason I do not want to use the Avada gallery function is to have compatibility in the future. Using built in WP gallery function I can easily change theme later. That would be impossible with all the “junk” code produced by many themes, like Avada. I am ok with Avada otherwise but for the galleries I prefer to be compatible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.