Avada Forums Community Forum Is there a way to add Font Awesome Icons?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just bought the Avada theme and getting to know it, but I was wondering if it is possible to add some Font Awesome Icons? I went to the site https://fontawesome.com/ and found some that I would want to use, but which are not in the Avada theme.
    Is there a way to download them and add them somehow?

Thanks a lot
    tdako

easierone
    Participant

sure just copy code from fontawesome and paste it in text mode wherever you want.

bogwobbler
    Participant

I would like to use a font awesome icon that isn’t in the default Avada list. How can I use fa-walking (not a default icon) within the Content Box widget?

brighteyes
    Participant

Would like to know this too? let me know if you figure it out…

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @tdako,

If you are on the latest version of Avada and Fusion Builder then we package the full list of free fontawesome icons. So if the icon is part of the free version of fontawesome then it will exist in the theme.

The walking icon for example is already part of the icon picker.

brighteyes
    Participant

That’s great, I was actually looking for way to add custom icons (as apposed to icon images)

pahanello
    Participant

Hi @Michael C,

Same question.
    I have license for FA Pro with extended number of available icons.
    How to import them to Avada?

Many thanks!

appelmedia
    Participant

Me too. I have individual icons my designer designed for, but no idea how to import in Avadas icon-list.

cvl01
    Participant

@phanello Have you already found a way to use Font Awesome Pro?

Inndesign
    Participant

What about Social Media Links under Avada Theme Options, adding a custom link and then choose a Font Awesome Icon instead of a bitmap image? If you load an image for the custom link, then when posted to let’s say Facebook, the image shared with the post is that icon image uploaded instead of a page image. Simply poor development or a lack of testing on Avada’s part.

In Social Media Links, the option to choose a Font Awesome Icon for a custom link is a must, and needs to be added to Avada after version 5.8.1. Not at all a complicated request.

Filip
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, adding icon picker in Theme Options panel is something that is perfectly reasonable request and it would indeed improve usability of Social Links section, but unfortunately it is not simple as it might look. Icon picker control has it’s own dependencies and adding it to a repeater control with subfields is a bit more involved. Also, that would require color picker and maybe some other subfield to be added as well in order to make option complete after icon addition.

Adding text input which would allow icon code to be entered might look like an easy solution, but it wouldn’t work really. Except that is not user friendly Font Awesome 5 added icon subsets (styles), which require that an icon subset is also specified and only icon code would result in empty space being displayed. Except that this approach would require color picker (and possibly other subfields) as well.

As for that part in which you mentioned image shared in the Facebook, I’m not sure if I understood it correctly. Image which is shared on the Facebook is set using Open Graph meta tags. Open Graph tags can be enabled in Theme Options Panel (Advanced -> Theme Features section), but also many social and SEO plugins can add them as well.

Once those tags are on enabled Facebook will use image which is specified by the og:image tag and not any other image from the page which technically could be icon, although it is probably too small (Facebook has dimension limits).

Caitlin Bauer
    Participant

I agree that having the option to use font awesome icons in the custom social media icons would be extremely useful. Very frustrated by the current limitations–especially since the uploaded images often look grainy and you can’t do any kind of hover effects.

Caitlin Bauer
    Participant

Has there been any progress made with the ability to use font awesome for a custom social media icon? Uploading an image still doesn’t work well–the images are grainy and you can’t modify the colors.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.