Avada Forums Community Forum Increasing Website Performance with jQuery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blocked

At our end, it appears Avada 6.2.1 is using jQuery 1.4.1 and jQuery-Migrate 1.4.1.

jQuery 1.4.1 was released in 2010, jQuery-Migrate 1.4.1 was released in 2016.

Can you confirm the above?

If true, why hasn’t Avada upgraded its code to take advantage of jQuery 3.4 and jQuery-Migrate 3.1 (both released in 2019)? Both versions incorporate performance improvements that could relieve Avada performance complaints posted in another forum topic.

Click here for a great summary of jQuery (latest revisions, reasons, and benefits)

By the way, we installed the script below “above the head” inside Avada’s settings. It appears to have eliminated many website console errors. If we did the “wrong thing,” please let us know.

<script src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-migrate-1.4.1.min.js"></script>

Our research reveals that using jQuery 3.4 and jQuery-Migrate 3.1 will increase our website speed.

Advice on this topic would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

Update:

We just learned that removing jQuery-Migrate from our website (i.e., WordPress, Avada) will actually improve website loading speed since additional, unnecessary JS files will be removed.

We accomplished the above using the plugin, Perfmattters (worth every penny). You can also remove jQuery-Migrate by adding a PHP snippet to your functions.php file. Click here for the PHP snippet and a user-friendly explanation of what jQuery-Migrate does.

After removing jQuery-Migrate, we performed several integrity checks on our website (front-end navigation, checking plugins work, etc.) and found no issues.

In short, after removing jQuery-Migrate, all console errors disappeared and our website is loading a bit faster.

Still, would be nice to receive input from Avada and the community.

Cheers!

B W
    Participant

THANK YOU for the jQuery-Migrate removal suggestion. I was already running the 2.4.x script because 3.x causes problems on my site. Appreciate the performance tip.

Thanks…

akanea
    Participant

Thanks you a lot for the comment !

Doom Rider
    Participant

A couple of days ago, this guy assured me that Avada has no any performance issues.

lol

In the meantime, I moved my first website from Avada to Astra. On Avada, the full load was 12.5 seconds. On Astra, the same website loads in 3.5 seconds if I send a request from the other side of the planet.

stat

If I’m doing a test from a neighboring country, it only takes 0.7 seconds to load.
    stat-2

I have been using Avada for about 8 years. For 8 years I have done many hundreds of different tests with Avada. I have never seen such speed in Avada, even when using paid plugins. I’ll not return anymore.

Thank you for 8 years of cooperation. But it’s time to move on. There are more efficient skins on the market in terms of speed and performance.

Bye.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.