Avada Forums Community Forum Image Title Attribute

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I cannot seem to get the image title attribute to display on my images. I’m using this for SEO purposes. Once the image is hovered it’s suppose to show the image title. The image title is set on the image but it is not being displayed in the html code rendering on my theme. Does anyone know of a way to fix this?

encompassadvertising
    Participant

I am running into this same issue and I agree this is an issue that needs to be addressed/fixed. I added an image element from the fusion builder library and there is no option to assign a title attribute to the image only alt text. I always use this on the majority of images across this site. Could you please add the title Attribute into the image element in fusion builder.

Even though this isn’t always used this option should always be available anyway because in core wordpress anywhere you specify the title attribute it works except with the fusion builder image element. By default it typically pulls the the title attribute from the media library. I think it should by default pull the title attribute from the media manager and then there should be an option inside the fusion builder element to specify the title attribute as well because that is the way the rest of wordpress functions.

encompassadvertising
    Participant

After Looking at this again the issue is actually the wordpress Featured Image it doesn’t display the title attribute even though it is filled out. Could you please fix this.

websitepartner
    Participant

It is not only a problem with the featured image. I’m using the Fusion Image block and it is linked to a document. There is a field for “Image Alt Text”, but nothing for title – which is really important here. I need to be able to display a download hint on hover.

skippergreg
    Participant

Title Attribute is still missing from avada Image component

skippergreg
    Participant

Title Attribute is still missing from avada Image component

Edit my work around… if you set the alt text use it as the title text for the image

<script>
      setTimeout(10000, () => {
        jQuery("img[alt]").attr("alt", function (i, val) {
          jQuery(this).attr("title", val);
        });
      });
    </script>

setTimeout is just to wait if you have lazy loaded images, could easily be native js too just lazy.

Add it here:
    where to add code

skippergreg
    Participant

Some better wait code

jQuery(window)
        .on("load")
        .delay(5000)
        .queue((next) => {
          jQuery("img").attr("alt", function (i, val) {
            console.log(val);
            jQuery(this).attr("title", val);
          });
          next();
        });
    Luc Siebens
    Participant

Hello Avada,

Title tag on image element would be appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.