Avada Forums Community Forum icons not displaying after domain change

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • coachmarino
    Participant
    Post count: 5

    First Avada install, it took a while to create the site because the owner wasn’t very responsive (and now support has elapsed of course). But I just added a domain and the site ‘works’ but the icons are now just random boxes. I tried one of the free wordpress themes and the icons display. I’m not a wordpress expert, so need a little help

    cheriwebercounseling.com

    pigsandbees
    Participant
    Post count: 29

    Try the following:

    Go to Avada > Theme Options > Advanced > Theme Features and check if the FontAwesome option is turned On. If not, turn it on and click Save Changes.

    Clear your browser cache and take a look at the site.

    Inspecting the link you gave in FireFox Developer it doesn’t look like the FontAwesome font is loading, hence the boxes where the icons should appear.

    coachmarino
    Participant
    Post count: 5

    That didn’t quite work, but what I did was turn off the FontAwesome, save the changes, then turn it back on, and save the changes, and that worked.

    Thanks!

    obaskirt
    Participant
    Post count: 10

    I did all the things, it is working on Safari but not working on Chrome even I cleaned the cache both WP cache and browser cache.

    growthlondon
    Participant
    Post count: 1

    I have the same issue. Icons don’t show in Chrome – even after clearing browser cache.. The show in Safari..

    jenlew
    Participant
    Post count: 1

    I have the same issue – no icons are working within ThemeFusion icons work fine if created via html.

    wancheol-myeong
    Participant
    Post count: 2

    I have the same problem.
    There is no solution yet?

    mundesign
    Participant
    Post count: 7

    Avada has the worst support. God forbid your product fails a year after your code expires. They won’t help. This issue has been persistent for years and their lazy team can’t even be bothered to respond.

    wancheol-myeong
    Participant
    Post count: 2

    I solved the problem with the following link

    https://www.thewordcracker.com/en-us/font-awesome-icons-not-displaying-issue-in-avada/

    by applying only Avada > Theme Options > Advanced > Dynamic CSS & JS

    Polka
    Participant
    Post count: 3

    Hi there!

    The problem it’s not a problem in most cases. What generate this ugly square is a “kind” of incompatibility with the login cookie, and/or wordpress admin bar.

    Try to show content in Firefox or logged out, and issue will disappear.

    May be, this could be not the solution for your issue, but first of all, check your site in another browser. After that, start modifying your .htaccess and doing that wancheol-myeong sayed.

    Regards.
    Polka.

    semaguito
    Participant
    Post count: 1

    Hi

    In case you still have the same issue, just doing a reset of the Avada Cache worked to me.
    Go to Avada > Theme Options > Advanced then search “Fusion” and click on “Reset Avada Caches”.

    In my case the JS/CSS of the Font Awesome was pointing to the old domain and with this it points to the new domain now.

    Regards,
    semaguito

    bilal khawaja
    Participant
    Post count: 1

    Hi

    I solved the issue by:
    Go to Avada > Theme Options > Performance > Dynamic CSS & JS > CSS Compiling Method > Select Database option and save changes.

    Regards,
    muslimmir

    calasanzsalamanca
    Participant
    Post count: 1

    My solution was the one wancheol-myeong suggested (.htaccess modification)

    Thanks, man.

    Exclsuivesupport2
    Participant
    Post count: 1

    Thank you!!
    This worked for me.
    “Go to Avada > Theme Options > Performance > Dynamic CSS & JS > CSS Compiling Method > Select Database option and save changes.”

    JimmyB
    Participant
    Post count: 1

    Just to add for anyone like myself who tried everything on this thread as well as this support article to no avail:

    For me, the issue was SSL related. For some reason, loads of assets (including fonts/icons) were not loading via https links. I needed to find and replace all of the http links with https. I used a plugin called Better Search Replace, and replaced http:// with https:// and made it case sensitive to minimize any false positives. Did the trick.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.