Avada Forums Community Forum How to use filters for the Post Cards element?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

As of version 7.8 there’s now a “filters” option for the Post Cards Element. I can’t find any information on how to use it but I’m assuming it means we can filter posts based on Category taxonomies. I’ve added a couple custom categories to my custom post type and enabled filters, but all I get is the word “All” at the top of the page? How do I get my custom categories to show up?

Theme Fusion needs to update its documentation for 7.8 – there’s no information on how to use Post Card filters.

Thanks!

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by sfpa-admin.
    Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello There

No additional option is required for this, the categories should show up if they are properly registered, also make sure that you have all the posts set to show up in advance, if you have set them to appear on scroll you might not be seeing all the categories there.

Thanks

-Ammar

sfpa-admin
    Participant

Thanks for the response. I have three taxonomies but it’s only showing terms from the first one registered with register_taxonomy() in my functions.php. If I change the order of the register_taxonomy() function in functions.php, say swap the second with the first, then that one shows up. It looks like the post_cards_filters() function in plugins/fusion-builder/shortcode/fusion-post-cards.php can only handle one taxonomy.

The other issue is that the filters only show terms that are in the results set. Don’t understand that logic – the filter list show should show *all* the terms.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.