Home Forums Community Forum How to show full-size image instead of slider above title?

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone!

To improve page speed I want to get rid of all sliders we use on our website. However, I can’t figure out how to show a full-width image above the page title and below the header without a slider – right now we do so by using the hero scene option of the revolution slider. You can see an example here: https://www.fellomed.de/ratgeber/gesundheit/desensibilisierung-hund-katze/

As we use different images on different post categories (and pages), ideally we would be able to select an image individually for each post and page. If there was also an option to use a different image for mobile users, that’d be even more perfect!

I think it might be possible using custom fields, but I’m not quite sure how…

Maybe someone here can help me out with that problem? Thanks in advance!

debcole55
    Participant

At the risk of oversimplifying and maybe not completely understanding what you are wanting to do, but can’t you create a container, giving it the desired dimensions and set the image as a background image?

irisalexa
    Participant

That was my first thought as well, but I can’t figure out two things:

1) How to place a container above the title bar – the image should show directly below the header and above all content. I can’t see how I could do that.

2) And even if that was possible: How to have one container full width, when the page layout is boxed with two sidebars.

I think the plugin “Advanced Custom Fields” in combination with the action hook ‘avada_after_header_wrapper’ might be the way to go, but I didn’t get it to work yet…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.