Avada Forums Community Forum How to put 2 products side by side on mobile instead of just having 1??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any way to have 2 products next to each other on mobile instead of just having 1??

I have looked into the avada theme options – responsive, used those settings but basically all i seem to get is as soon as it hits the breakpoint, all of my products shift into 1 product per row, instead of breaking down 1 by 1.

So my shop on desktop has 4 products in a row, when i take the window size down on the desktop bit by bit it stays at the 4 products in a row but as soon as it hits the responsive setting it just jumps straight down to just 1 product per row, i have moved my break point down to a smaller setting than a mobile, that way the 4 products in a row still stay on the screen, but it basically just looks like the site is not responsive.

Has or does anyone know how to have 2 products in a row on mobile, but still have the desktop version as 4 in a row??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @fatshady360

It is by design and intention that Avada only shows a single product per row on mobile devices. There is a plugin that you can use to change this (we did not create this plugin) -> http://bit.ly/2OIRhjW

Thank you kindly

Mobitex
    Participant

Hi fatshady
    i found a custom css solution for this issue, but you will have to play with some stuff.

First of all, this only happens in mobile view, so you will have to use @media css

@media
    only screen and (max-width: 800px) {
    }

Then, inside there, you will do two things, first, you will prepare the wrapper (ul) to have a flex behavior, in my case:

@media
    /* lists on mobile */
    div.woocommerce.columns-4 > ul {
    display: flex;
    justify-content: space-between;
    align-items: flex-start;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    }
    Then you will change the width and other stuff for the elements into there (li)
    div.woocommerce.columns-4 > ul > li {
    width: 50%;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    }

Maybe you will need to inspect the selectors and change them to achieve it, but you can try with this custom css

@media
    /* lists on mobile */
    div.woocommerce.columns-4 > ul {
    display: flex;
    justify-content: space-between;
    align-items: flex-start;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    }
    /*li elements on mobile*/
    div.woocommerce.columns-4 > ul > li {
    width: 50%;
    box-sizing: border-box;
    }
    }

it worked for me, good luck with it!

jojojijijojo
    Participant

No offense, but thats the stupidest “by design” idea ever. Except if the purpose is to kill store conversion and make it look like a design from the 90s.

Halaly
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Mobitex!

Can i just copy and paste your code, is it enough?
    It doesnt work when i paste it on the additional css area on the “customizer”. Can you give me a tipp what i have to do?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.