ThemeFusion Does Not Provide Support Here. This Community Forum Is For User To User Interactions Only. For ThemeFusion Support Please Fill Out A New Ticket Here.

how to Increase width of fulwidth row

Home Forums Closed: Avada Support Archive how to Increase width of fulwidth row

This topic contains 28 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Luke 2 years, 7 months ago.

Resolved
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I'm working on my website: http://www.schimmelmotion.com .

I need some help with setting right for me width of any page in theme Avada, I'm using [fullwidth] shortcode.

I know that usual page should have 940px but page margins in Avada are too wide in compared to other sites (e.g http://awesomescreenshot.com/03c1kyuoc2). Please let me know if there is any option to change it and still have responsible function?

Schimmelmotion

HI,
    this is urgent problem, can you help? I'm waiiting under construction because this is important to my page how width it can be.
    Thanks

jadoon88
    Blocked

Hi,

Just define the maximum width of Avada row using the following code

Just increase the width's value as per your requirement.

Schimmelmotion

I tried this code and there wasn't any effect :/

.avada-row {
    max-width: 1140px; important!;
    min-width: 755px; important!;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

My site addres: http://www.schimmelmotion.com

Schimmelmotion

I found that 940px is still defined in Matched Css rules #header .avada-row, #main .avada-row, .footer-area .avada-row, #footer .avada-row {
    max-width: 940px;
    }

How I can change this value if .avada-row {
    max-width: 940px !important;
    }
    added in custom css in Avada option doesn't work?

John Teague

Post a link and a login in a reply marked private and we'll take a look at that. tell exactly what minimum width dimensions you want.

Schimmelmotion
    This reply has been marked as private.
    John Teague

Right now, you have the entire page set to 100% width and the avada row class set with the max width of 1140px. I added a width of 100%. You don't want to use a min-width setting here because that will break responsiveness.

Schimmelmotion

Have you checked  the webpage? Nothing changed because there is still line in the code with 940px.  I found it using inspect element in Chrome:

#header .avada-row, #main .avada-row, .footer-area .avada-row, #footer .avada-row{ max-width:940px; }

Added "important!;" doesn't work as it should. It's stange but is how it is.

Should I change this parametr in ftp mode or can you fix it in other way?

John Teague

I suppose you could go into all.css and find the reference for that. But the strange thing about this is I did check the page and I did inspect it both Firebug and Chrome Dev, and I am not finding that reference at all. Just not sure what to think at this point.

Schimmelmotion
    Maximus80
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey!

I corrected your css and it works now. Code is:
    #header .avada-row, #main .avada-row, .footer-area .avada-row, #footer .avada-row, #small-nav .avada-row {
    max-width: 1140px !important;
    }

Cheers
    Mark

Schimmelmotion

Hey,

thank you for help, but it still doesn't work as I want. Please, see above, I sent you picture how it should look like – png 1. here you can see that on the left side width is correct and background is full width.

The point is that now, after your settings the purple and other backgrounds are not fullwidth, please, look at the picture I attached (png.3). Please, check site after changes. Can you fix it now?:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jadoon88
    Blocked

I will assign this thread to developers, they will respond to you shortly.

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey Guys 🙂

Customizing the code of the theme is not something we can assist with. WE do try to help and point you i the right direction, but unfortunately we are unable to provide in depth customization support.

BUt for your issue, all you need to do is use the 100% width page template and your items can go full width of the browser window. USE that template, and your background images or colors can go the full width while still containing your content put inside the shortcode to the max width of 940px, or in your case wider since you widen it.

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

As a side note, response time can take up to 24 hours Mon-Fri, although its much faster now. We answer threads from oldest to newest so if the thread is bumped before we can respond (like in your second post above) then it throws it back at the beginning of the que and will then take longer to get a response. So its best to wait so we get to it faster. Just a heads up!

Schimmelmotion

Hi Luke,

thank you for joining here. I hope we can manage this case together now.

I thought this is simple but it shows that it's a bigger problem. Our site is bussiness website, and we trusted Avada as a product and as a stuff to cooperate. Can you please understand better this case for us? I still feel like you didn't realised few things here.

First of all, before you wrote about that, I used 100% width page template and it is set like this all the time, but still doesn't work, my items just can't go full width of the browser window at all – what you suggest to do?

Of course with 100% width page template it should still containing our content put inside the shortcode to the max width of 1140px, as we set. As all settings are correct, why doesn't work?

Sum up the case all settings were and are like you wrote and it still doesn't work correctly,  for me it means that there is something wrong.

So I'm asking you for help and treating my case seriously.

I'm sorry but I don't think that changing width, that doesn't work as it should is depth customization, besides it seems to be some kind of error.

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey 🙂

The only thing we can guarantee is that the theme will work with the 100% width template out of the box. Once customizations are made, it depends on the user do perform them correctly. We can only support regular theme use.

The only explanation for why 100% width does not work is due to the customizations you have performed. Or it could be due to a plugin but I doubt it. Im absolutely positive about this.

I can assure you 100% that the 100% width template does work and does allow your content to go from edge to edge as long as customizations are not interfering.

THe issue is that we are unable to work through your customizations due to the time it can take. With so many users, we simply cannot support customizations like this. I hope you understand.

This CSS below is why its not working. If you remove this from theme options, then your 100% width page template will go 100% as it comes with the theme.

#header .avada-row, #main .avada-row, .footer-area .avada-row, #footer .avada-row, #small-nav .avada-row {
    max-width: 1140px !important;
    }

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

See I removed that CSS from theme options, and now look at your home page 🙂

http://www.schimmelmotion.com

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

If you want a wider site width, then it will take extra development work to get all of that to work together. Unfortunately that is not something we offer at this time. Although we do have plans to use a wider framework in a future release, but that wont be for a time yet.

Thanks!

Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Your site looks great by the way, nice job

wired
    Luke
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Well this can be a start, http://theme-fusion.com/forums/topic/how-to-widen-your-total-site-width/

But anything beyond that is a customization outside of regular theme use. Maybe the original poster can shed some light on this for you.

In the future, we are going to use a wider framework.

Schimmelmotion

Hi Wired,

you must edit:

/Avada/header.php : 1702  <-code line
    #header .avada-row, #main .avada-row, .footer-area .avada-row, #footer .avada-row{ max-width:940px; }

/avada/css/all.css : 59-62    <-code line
    .avada-row: {
    (…)
    max-width:940px;
    }

where it's 940px you write in width you want have.

As you see, it's not complicated at all and work very well 🙂

I hope that  is what you looking for!

Cheers,

J

Maximus80
    Keymaster
    Forum Moderator

Hey guys!

Thx Schimmelmotion for posting your solution!

@wired Please let us know if you were able to fix. Thanks!

Cheers
    Mark

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
This thread is closed and only here for archive reading. There is a community forum for user to user interaction. ThemeFusion does not provide support here. If you need support from ThemeFusion, open a ticket using our new ticket system.