Home Forums Community Forum How to add and use Custom Fields

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey there,

I need some dynamic values for a Portfolio-Page, but rendered with an Portfolio-Layout.

– I want to change the Layout for all underlaying Portfolio-Pages.
    – I want to edit the values for each Portfolio-Page seperatelly

Idea: I need some custom fields, like “monetary” (e.g. 100.000,-, 150.000,-, 1.000.000,-) and names like ‘Gemeinde Rosenheim’ or ‘Stadt München’ and so on.

So, how can I add such custom fields to a Portfolio Page?

Thank you
    Dominik

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi Dominik,

I suggest watching this video – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEVKyLuykVA. The title may not seem to be all that similar, but it talks about how to use ACF to add custom fields and build layouts using them. The same process can be used to build what you are looking for.

Thanks

Dominik_Ernst
    Participant

Hi Michael,

sorry for the late response. Thanks for your support, now I am one step further 😉
    I managed to use the custom fields in the portfolio, when creating a portfolio I can enter the values to the fields and the values are then output.
    But I need these custom fields in the Avada layout, because I want to separate the design from the values. I have to be able to design the fields in the layout, but only when creating/editing a portfolio I may be asked for the content.

– Design/Position for the ‘Custom Field’ -> Avada Layout
    – Value for the ‘Custom Field’ -> Portfolio

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.