Avada Forums Community Forum How to add a button to the widget area?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi!
    I’d like to add a button to the footer area. Can I use shortcodes in the widget area?
    This was a topic in the old forum, but I can’t find the post anymore.

Thanks,
    Pacha

sjsfineimports
    Participant

Good Question again, AVADA necer rply to users??

mrsnak
    Participant

Avada seems to have dropped any regular support here so that only registered users going through the support platform get questions answered. Once I find out, I’ll post back here.

mrsnak
    Participant

From another thread, but added to clarify:
    If you would like to add a button to a widget you can do so by adding a button to a page, then right clicking on the button within the builder box element box and copying. You can then paste that HTML code into a custom HTML widget (not text).
    I seem to remember doing this an easier way before with non HTML shortcode, but cannot find any reference to how to generate it in Avada’s documentation.
    Hope this helps!

Ed
    Participant

Thank you, this worked! I figured this would be a button widget for this, but to my surprise, there wasn’t. This is still a pretty easy fix, just not straight forward.

You can still make adjustments to the element. I needed to center the button so I had to find the alignment portion of the Fusion Element code and changed it from left to center.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks for sharing!

Nathalie75
    Participant

Hi,
    this is an old thread but I think there are now better ways to solve this and maybe it will help someone.
    For the footer you have to use the avada layout builder of course.
    For a mega menu widget for example you don’t have such a possibility. I think the easier way to have a button in a mega menu is to add a text element on a page and use the fusion builder element generator (https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/avada-builder/avada-builder-element-generator/) to create the button you want.
    This way you will have a shortcode that you can use as a widget text (and then you can choose the widget as a mega menu item). I think it’s the way they used in the avada university demo (https://avada.theme-fusion.com/university/ Men item “events”) but I didn’t import it so I am not sure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.