Avada Forums Community Forum How do you access older Community Forum posts?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

How do you access Community Forum posts made prior to the new site design? Can’t say I’m exactly happy as it feels like I’ve lost a valuable resource that’s been a comfort the last several years, but also realize things do change…

Also have to ask, since this page no longer displays the advisory that the Community Forum is an UNOFFICIAL platform for user to user support, DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN NOW GET ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS (OK, SUPPORT!!) FROM SUPPORT STAFF HERE? OR IS THIS JUST A FORM OF SENSORSHIP IMPOSED ON THEME FUSION BY OUR “FRIENDS” AT ENVATO?

revans0636
    Participant

Update: As of now, you don’t! Links to previous Community Forum posts are returning a 404 Error from their (the theme-fusion.com) server. And the Community Forum is still UNOFFICIAL, based on the notice displayed on the https://theme-fusion.com/forums/ page. Too bad they didn’t use a FB text element with the Global attribute set when they did the redesign.

Kimlife
    Participant

WHAT a bloody mess! It took me five minutes just to figure out how to log in!!! (Support –> My Account).

yodielay
    Participant

They’re all gone, all the indexed community forum answers that show up in Google. This was a very helpful resource, saving time by not having to file a ticket with technical support, to see how people worked out their problems. Please bring it back. 🙁

DeniseZDY
    Participant

Very frustrating! I can see the community forum post I want to read when I do a google search but it takes me to a 404 page. Bummer.

atanasprodanov
    Participant

Hi there,
    I can’t even import a pre-built page as it lead to error 404 as well… what is going on ? Everything was fine until few days ago… can someone explain please. btw at community forum I can see only 7 posts.. ?!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Guys!

Actually we did not decide to purge all old forum posts, we still have them but yes the links have changed.

We had to get the new company site out and ready by May 25th due to the new EU – data privacy laws … this was a must. We did not have time to sort out what to do with the previous community forum.

The old community forum has a lot of misinformation in it, at the same time it has some useful information. We do feel we need to start over on the forums since Avada’s codebase has changed so much for the better. Yet at the same time, we do feel the old forum info is valuable to our customer base so we are looking into ways to make it accessible.

Just give us some more time to work it out and decide on what we are doing.

Thanks guys.

RolandWerkman
    Participant

I think I speek for a lot of costumers, when i say that we’ll be very grateful if not all of this (mis)information is lost. It’s true what “yodielay” said, it’s saving us time, but also saves you time, since a lot of questions / problems can be solved without filing a ticket. So i really hope you guys figure this one out..

mikechops
    Participant

The old forum was an amazing resource for finding an answer for a minor tweek or adjustment. Understandably, there may be outdated posts and solutions. Maybe put a disclaimer on them?

Jazzie
    Participant

I’m with everyone else on this one! It has been a very valuable and time saving resource for self help. Been waiting patiently since your last post Avada. Any update on its return?

Sky-Life
    Participant

Please provide loyal customers like us access to the old forum. It was so helpful and even tho a lot of post were outdated, it mostly brought me on the right track. So please bring back the old forum posts or at least give customers access to it.
    Thanks a lot and keep up the excellent work. AVADA you rock !!!

tricky2014
    Participant

VERY FRUSTRATING – a valuable resource just GONE!

I have always been able to sort out and Avada problems with a quick Google

So Avada has got a whole lot less useful

And your support staff will be spending a whole lot more time answering tickets, so ticket support will get slower… etc..

Please, see sense and restore all the old threads and make sure they are google searchable!@!@

It would be easy to post an alert on older posts that the solution may no longer be current

carlpk
    Participant

How is this not yet sorted?? I’ve been using and recommending Avada for ages, the excellent resources in the forums being one of the main reasons I loved the theme so much, anything I needed fixing had an answer here. No more. Yes some of it was out of date but I’d say the majority of the content still applied, especially some of the CSS workarounds.

Are we now supposed to submit a support requests for each and every little question we have? Surely that’s just wasting your time and ours?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.