Avada Forums Community Forum How do I change the Blog Single Post Title from H2 to H1?

Tagged: , , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I do not want to hide the Page Title Bar Text as suggested here: https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/blog/blog-single-post-page/

How would I change the title of all my blog articles to H1 in this case?

Scott
    Participant

Anyone?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @spbaird1

The way that is set up is intentional. If you want to show the page title bar and have the post title show as a H1 you can disable post titles in the Theme Options and will need to add the post title into the head of your post using the Title Element, manually. The alternative is to implement a custom solution

Please note, you have active Grandfathered support and because our support team does not provide support via the community forum, please create a ticket using the link below and our team will gladly help.

Click Here To Get Avada Support

We look forward to helping you!

Thank you kindly

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

You can try to override the Avada single.php file.

1. Copy it to your child theme’s directory.
    2. In the file, Find where $title_size is being used as a parameter (should be three times).
    3. Change $title_size to 1.

See the before/after code below.

/* Before */
    <?php echo avada_render_post_title( $post->ID, false, '', $title_size ); // phpcs:ignore 
    /* After */
    <?php echo avada_render_post_title( $post->ID, false, '', 1 ); // phpcs:ignore 

/* Before */
    <?php echo avada_render_post_title( $post->ID, false, '', $title_size ); // phpcs:ignore 
    /* After */
    <?php echo avada_render_post_title( $post->ID, false, '', 1 ); // phpcs:ignore 

/* Before */
    <?php Avada()->template->title_template( $title, $title_size ); ?>
    /* After */
    <?php Avada()->template->title_template( $title, 1 ); ?>

I’ve tested this on Avada 6.1.1. Kudos to this article for showing the way http://seoarchives.com/avada-post-title-h1-problem-how-to-change-h1-to-h2.html

antonio74
    Participant

Good morning,
    how can I do for avada 6.1.2
    I edit single.php in child theme’s directory, but nothing happens.
    How can I do?
    Thank you

antonio74
    Participant

I need the blog title to become from h2 to h3 is it possible?
    Thank you

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @antonio74,

Yes. This is possible using the code I gave above on 6.1.2. I just tested it. I changed the 1s to 3s to change the single post title to an H3. No problems.

It’s very difficult to diagnose your issue without seeing your code or site.

Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.