Avada Forums Community Forum Hidden Rich Snippets / Author URL display in HTML by default

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Posting as an FYI

At some time, the Avada theme added “rich snippets” to the global theme options and they are active by default. (Search “rich” or browse Options > Theme Features > Rich Snippets.)

Rich snippets can be found by searching the HTML for references like “rich-snippet-hidden” or “/author/”. You can see this on Theme-Fusion.com to see an example. The vcard rich snippet reveals the screen name of the author / admin who published the page and the publication time. This is data that webmasters often hide (the author screen name is used in brute force login attempts).

I’m just posting this as an FYI because I’ve seen the question posted elsewhere and it took me awhile to figure it out.

I am also posting this as a suggestion: Avada theme should be distributed with snippets toggled “off” or “hidden” as the default.

Hope this helps.

nfleming
    Participant

Thanks! This was really helpful as I was wondering where that code was coming from.
    I agree, giving away username is a security risk, snippets should either be off by default, or hide author details by default.

Jeff-mmm
    Participant

Very helpful!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.