Avada Forums Community Forum Help for Contact Form 7 new reCAPTCHA v3

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@topdo9
    Submitted this issue with v2/v3 API keys on the CF7 Contact Form to Support on/about 12/19/18…

Response I got from Sohaib Muzammal on 12/20/18 was

Version 3 of recaptcha will not work with avada theme contact form at the moment. However, it is in our to-do list. And it will be implemented in the future versions of avada theme.

As the internal Avada theme contact form is not the same as a CF7 plugin generated form, it wasn’t exactly what I needed in that instance, but it did indicate to me that Theme-Fusion is aware of/working on the problem. My work-around was 1) to rebuild my forms with the CF7 plugin, then just use the v3 API on my forms, and 2) leave BOTH the v2 & v3 keys in the profile.

This was the initial thread in the Community Forum: https://theme-fusion.com/forums/topic/recaptcha-v3-api-with-avada-theme-options/

deanodv8
    Participant

Can anyone tell me if they have resolved the problems with the recaptcha issues?

Since a recent theme update I keep getting the error “ERROR for site owner: Invalid site key” appearing on my site’s Contact Us page. Having tried both v2 and v3 and regenerating the keys several times and entering them into the theme options under Contact Form in the Recaptcha section.

With Contact Form 7 installed, forms in created work a treat. The problem is I want to use the Contact template page ( which incorporates the form and google map), but this, despite all efforts, refuses to display without the error present on the page.

I am still waiting on support to have another look, as their suggestion had been that the keys were in correct. Having tried it about 6 times now, I know it is not that.

Could the email addresses associated with the website and Recaptcha API settings on Google have any bearing I wonder?

Any help would save my sanity and be gratefully appreciated.

bjsdesignstudio
    Participant

Sounds like you may have already tried this, but the only thing I can think of is to make sure:

1. You’re using version 3 site/secret keys and not some other version, like V2. Check your Google API.
    2. You’ve entered your keys correctly in BOTH locations: (1) Contact -> Integration (Contact Form 7 integration settings); (2) Avada -> Theme Options -> Contact Form (make sure it’s set to V3 and you’ve entered your correct V3 keys. I noticed just now that mine had reverted to V2 somehow (thought I changed that a while back). *shrug*

Hope you’re able to get it figured out!

bjsdesignstudio
    Participant

Just wanted to add that the reason to double-check your reCAPTCHA settings in the Avada theme options is because Avada’s Contact template uses a custom Avada form, by default, not a CF7 form, so the CF7 integration settings won’t apply to it. So, you have to apply those keys in the theme options for them to work there.

deanodv8
    Participant

Thanks BJS – and yes, I have tried all the things you mentioned. The versioning is all correct /matching and the keys. The fault started after a theme update I think. I since installed CF7 to see if that helped in any way, but it has not.

The tech support suggested removing the keys from the CF7 settings and trying, but I knew ( despite trying again) that this would not work, as the fault was before it was installed. I am thinking its something within the theme that is not allowing it to work.

I have support on the case – giving ftp access, so lets hope they can fix it.

bjsdesignstudio
    Participant

Well, I seem to be having an issue again with CF7, completely out of the blue. Was working just fine for a while there, and I haven’t made many changes to things on my end (I’ve just been updating the theme/plug-ins). For whatever reason, though, suddenly every test form is flagging as spam again. Noticed it today while working on another client’s site, when I went to test a new contact form. So, I then tested my own and… [orange box]… Grrr.

Oddly, another client’s site that I manage (different account), with the same web host, and using the same theme and CF7, works just fine. Not sure what’s going on…

Time for more troubleshooting… 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.