Avada Forums Community Forum Header 7 + Contact Content Bar

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

Does anyone know if I can use Header 7 but also use the content top bar from Header 3-5
    I’m not sure why the contact/social networking bar was even made part of the headers. It should be enabled/disabled regardless of which header layout is chosen.

Please advise.

Thanks

macmcg
    Participant

Also interested in a solution to this.

malymarketing
    Participant

Me, too. I’ve found work arounds for this by editing header-v7.php, using “do_shortcode” to pull in widget content for both a right & left div, mimicking the structure of the other headers, but it also involves custom css for both desktop & mobile.

I’ve also used a hook to load content before the logo/nav. Again, awkward and involves excessive css work.

Looking at the structures of the headers, it really should just be an option, even a header version 8 or something.

hmschiefer
    Participant

Would you mind sharing your “template”? I know a few of us would appreciate not having to figure that out ourselves.

malymarketing
    Participant

Sure, I can do that. I went ahead and set up a quick generic instance of this and have some screenshots. No way to upload files here???

Let me put something together quick and I’ll post a link.

malymarketing
    Participant

I can’t upload files here so I just created a post with everything you’ll need to get this set up:

https://imahalfwit.com/avada-header-7-top-bar-hack/

This just covers adding a top bar using “do_shortcode” to pull widgets in to Header 7. I’d also mentioned hooks to load content before the logo/nav, but that’s an issue unto itself.

marklchaves
    Participant

Nice work @malymarketing. Loved your tutorial.

Hi Everyone,

Here’s a minimalist alternative using a built-in Avada hook.

Add this to your child theme’s functions.php file.

add_action( 'avada_before_header_wrapper', 'avada_add_banner' );
    function avada_add_banner() {
        // Change the HTML between the single quote to what you want.
        echo 'this some contact info: <a href="mailto:info@yourdomain.com">info@yourdomain.com</a>';
    }

See full documentation https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/avada-for-developers/avada-hooks-actions-and-filters/

Enjoy!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.