Home Forums Community Forum Google Maps not working

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I have recently updated Avada to Version 5.5.2 and now my Google Maps parts don’t work anymore. There seems to be an error and it therefore cannot be loaded.

Who can help?

Thank you!

n_n
    Participant

Same here. Please post here if you find a solution!

n_n
    Participant

Something to do with Google? Wtf do we need to give our credit card info now to Google?
    https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/pricing/sheet/

n_n
    Participant

Google Map not working on all latest Avada 5.5.2 sites but working on pre- 5.5.2 websites!
    ???? Anyone?

Ph_Bl
    Participant

Wow, is this for real?

n_n
    Participant

I don’t know man. It seems to do with the WP or Avada update as the API key is working on older Avada site.
    Although on Google I don’t see the option to generate new API key like before because the credit card detail option shows up first!

Onzid
    Participant

Same her, I’ve generated a new api code but that doesn’t work

Digitalqt
    Participant

Same here after updating theme to 5.5.2 and turn on the Embeds Privacy for google map, i got a empty container instead of the google map.

I hope someone can help us here !

Digitalqt
    Participant

So i just switched the Google Map Type and saved to fix that issue.

n_n
    Participant

My embeds privacy is – OFF (tried with on and clicking to load etc too)
    I have changed Google Map types too.

Nothing fixes it. The map loads for split second and then I get the blank map with “Opps something went wrong message”.

Something is this update stops the Google API key from being read properly.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi all,

The Google Map implementation has not been changed in the latest update. What is changing, is the way Google handles APIs (credit card is becoming necessary and grandfathered support for no API key removed). Which is not something that we have any control over.

As always, if you require support we can only offer that via the official support ticketing system. However if you can post a website URL I should be able to tell you the problem (or things to check for at the very least).

marketing050
    Participant

I had the same problem. You have to fill in your creditcard or bank info in order to get an API from Google. The prices are as followed:
    -Mobile static map: free unlimited use
    -Mobile dynamic map: free unlimited use
    -Static map: free till 100.00 loading actions *
    -Dynamic map: free til 28.500 loading actions *

*This includes the $200 Google gives to you as a gift every month.

I know it’s a bummer, but it is the only way to use Google Maps on your website.

joshuaturksell
    Participant

I’ve updated the google API, and my google maps still do not work… I am using avada 5.4.2 .. the support ticket help literally just copy pasted how to install maps… like c’mon… I mentionned that the maps were workign perfectly, and then one day stopped… So i went to google maps platform inserted my credit card info, got a new api.. and it still does not work…. ?!?

http://marchandhomes.ca/home-builder/contact-us/

n_n
    Participant

I agree. If it was just Google changes then how come pre 5.4.2 Avada website containing Google API keys/Maps are still working fine?
    Updating to the latest Avada breaks the maps.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you are running an old version of Avada and the maps just stopped, then the problem is not coming from the theme. Indeed if you check the developer console it states the problem for you:

Google Maps JavaScript API error: InvalidKeyMapError https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#invalid-key-map-error

Judging by the error, the problem is that there is a space at the start of the API key you have entered in the Theme Options. Note, if you are unhappy with a staff response then you can reply to the support ticket and provide feedback, rather than adding to a separate forum thread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.