Avada Forums Community Forum Google Analytics Tracking Code In Avada or All-In-One SEO

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I have started using Monster Analytics on a couple of sites, and also have one site with All-in-One SEO. Both of these plugins want Google Analytics tracking code placed within their dashboard.

I’m assuming I should not put the code into the Avada code area PLUS one of these plugins, but am wondering if there is a benefit between the Avada code area vs tracking through a 3rd party app.

I believe wiht All in One, you can use the SEO features much like Yoast, without entering the Analytics code. Monster does require the code.

Interested in your input on the various options.

Jetxpert-Envato
    Blocked

Hi @JennC,

In response:

(1) Place your website’s Google Tracking snippet (found in your Google Analytics Console) into Avada’s Tracking Code section. Location: WP Dashboard > Avada > Options > Advanced > Code Fields (Tracking etc.) > Tracking Code

(2) Enter your Google Tracking Code or number (e.g., UA-XXXXX-Y, etc>) in the settings section of the plugin.

If the plugin is properly coded, that’s all you have to do. If you’re using two plugins that require you enter your website’s tracking code, then you’re probably duplicating functionality.

Have you consulted the plugin developers on this?

We use the following Google Analytics plugins (both needed, same developer) and they work great for us:

Google Analytics Dashboard by Analytify
    Google Analytics Dashboard Widget by Analytify

Hope the above helps!

JennC
    Participant

Thanks so much! That is how I have my tracking set up with Avada and Monster Insights.

I’ll have to double check the sites I have with All-In-One as I believe that plugin requires the full script. In that case, I’ll have to send a note to the All In One developer to ask their input.

If anyone else is reading and has experience with All In One SEO and Avada, please let me know your experience with this.

Thanks so much!

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @jennc,

If you’re using MonsterInsights, you don’t need to manually add a UA tracking ID. MonsterInsights (MI) will do this for you. All you need to do is select your Google Analytics (Universal Analytics UA) property in the drop-down when you connect MI with GA.

If you manually (or via another analytics plugin) add any other UA tracking code on top of MonsterInsights, you’ll be getting inflated stats and cause potential code conflicts that can break your site.

I generally inform my clients not to add the UA tracking code in Avada and AIOSEO if they’re using MI.

You can run the GA debugger as a sanity check. If you see GA loaded more than once, you’re probably getting multiple page views for each page visit while hampering your site speed. You might also see JS errors in the console.

https://www.monsterinsights.com/docs/how-to-detect-if-you-have-google-analytics-installed-multiple-times/

Shout if you have any more questions 😉

mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.