Home Forums Community Forum GDPR and bundled premium slider plugins

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Will both of the premium slider plugins bundled with the Avada theme comply with European GDPR requirements as of the deadline?

twistedtoast
    Participant

Avada 5.5.2 may be ready but you’d better update the included Layerslider plugin to version 6.7.5 before updating to Avada 5.5.2 as the plugin update fails afterwards. I am posting this here because there is no process to submit a bug-report unless one purchases a support agreement. WTF?!

Michael C
    Keymaster

There is a contact page where you can submit bugs @twistedoast.

Regarding the plugin downloads that should work, but may require multiple attempts because the Envato API is currently having some problems regarding the large number of updates. Note, the update process wasn’t changed in 5.5.2 so updating the plugin on 5.5.2 and 5.5.1 are no different.

tgoguely
    Participant

I’m in the same boat as Twistedtoast here, where after doing the updates my LayerSlider keeps complaining that it is no longer activated, and even if I try and enter an activation key directly it keeps getting kicked off.

And there is no way to submit bugs if you’re out of their “support period”…. disappointing 🙁

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @tgoguely

Bundled plugins for any theme on Themeforest works the same way, Avada is no different. You do not need an additional license or ‘activation code’ in order to use the bundled plugins, with the theme. The ‘activation code’ is a generic message added to the plugin by the plugin developer and can be dismissed.

You can read this Envato help file explaining how bundled plugins work -> https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/213762463-Bundled-Plugins

And please note, your described issue not a bug. If you did need to contact us for something you can use this contact page -> https://theme-fusion.com/contact-us/ – or for general guidance, post here to the forum

Thank you kindly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.