Home Forums Community Forum Fusion Slider Loads with Spinning Circle

Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The previous designer placed a fusion slider on every page and they all started loading with a spinning black circle before the image loads. Is this from a new update and how can I fix it? My client’s support ran out so entering a ticket is no good.

https://here2home.com/#main

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @Jennie2019,

That loader is not new and has been in the theme for a long time now. It is displayed to let the user know the page is still loading prior to the slider images being shown. Note, in order for the slider to be visible the rest of the page has to load first. Otherwise the calculations for the slider will be off. So in order to speed up the loading of the slider the best thing to do is speed up the loading of the rest of the page.

Regarding speeding up your website please refer to our documentation:
    https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/technical/site-optimization/
    https://theme-fusion.com/documentation/avada/plugins/how-to-speed-up-your-site-using-plugins/

In particular four things I notice on your website which should help with overall loading:
    1. Turn on the JS compiler in Theme Options > Performance
    2. Add a cache plugin (see above articles)
    3. Consider turning on Lazy Loading and setting Font Face Rendering to swap (Theme Options > Performance)
    4. Optimize image sizes (again see above)

Jennie2019
    Participant

I did every solution on the list and I still see the spinning circle when the pages load. The only thing I see that can be an issue is the PHP max limit and the PHP max input vars limit settings are below recommended setting.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @Jennie2019,

The spinning circle is intended to show as I already mentioned. The steps I mentioned will not remove that, they simply speed up the loading time of your page and therefore lower the amount of time that it is visible.

Jennie2019
    Participant

I appreciate your help. This circle just popped up last month so we’re confused why it’s here now

cesarmonzale
    Participant

Is there a way to manually hide the spinner?
    Thanks.

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

@michaelc,

+1

There must be something that Avada can do to eliminate the “spinning cirle” and such. Other themes have fusion-type sliders and don’t exhibit this behavior.

@jennie2019

To assist you further, kindly read this forum topic:

https://theme-fusion.com/forums/topic/need-help-bad-loading-time/

Cheers!

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

@jennie2019,

You may also want to search for “spinning circle” or “fusion slider” in this forum for more useful info.

Cheers!

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @cesarmonzale,

Please try adding this custom CSS to your global or page CSS area.

.fusion-slider-loading {
      display: none;
    }

Live demo on CodePen.

Tweak as needed.

Good luck!

cesarmonzale
    Participant

Yeahhh .fusion-slider-loading!!!!
    That’s the solution.
    Thanks!

Jetxpert-Envato
    Participant

@marklchaves,

You’re a genius. Your CSS code in combination with @michaelc’s website speed tips should solve this issue once and for all.

We tested your solution under several environments. Great results. Thank you!

@michaelc,

Please consider incorporating @marklchaves’ CSS code into Avada at next revision level.

Suggest adding an On/Off toggle switch to Avada’s theme options, titled “Fusion Slider Spinning Circle” (or similar).

Last, you guys need to hire Mark. Great contributor.

Cheers!

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi @jetxpert-envato,

Ah, you are too kind. It’s always remarkable to know that two lines of code can make a world of difference. The fun part was actually trying to find the little bugger lol. 😉

Thanks for the plug too. Hey @ThemeFusion, I’ll work for coffee \m/

Enjoy!

mark

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Only users with a registered purchase of Avada can post to the community forum. Please register your purchase here.