Avada Forums Community Forum Fusion Builder doesn't save?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been trying to solve this issue:
    even with a new installation of WordPress and no extra plugin, I have this problem: when using Fusion Builder, both when I try to have a preview or when I try to update, I’m redirected to a 404 error page.
    I checked the .htaccess file, it’s absolutely standard.
    Both WordPress and Avada are updated.

At this point I’m out of ideas, any help would be uselful, thank you.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @sandexor,

Is this only with the Fusion Builder active? Have you tried the same thing with Fusion Builder deactivated? This very much sounds like a problem with your WordPress set-up and not something specific to Fusion Builder.

sandexor
    Participant

I’ve just figured out that this problem exists with with the Freelance demo of Avada. Other demos don’t give any problem at all (of course I haven’t tested all of them).

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @sandexor,

I would be extremely surprised if it was a problem specific to demo content. Please note, demos are just a method of importing pre-made content. So there is no difference between a demo page and a regular page. It is just a page that has already been created for you.

It sounds like if you are getting a 404 on a demo page then you need to go to Settings > Permalinks and click to save (to regenerate the permalinks). Or an old menu is still in place and linking to pages that no longer exist.

sandexor
    Participant

I tried all possible permalinks.
    Only with the plain type, instead of redirecting me to a 404 page, the server generates this:

Forbidden
    You don’t have permission to access /wp-admin/post.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I hope it can help to clarify.

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @sandexor

How have we gone from the Fusion Builder not working, to an incorrect demo import and then to 404 errors?

A 404 means a a page/post cannot be found. The error you posted above is related to a 403 error and not a 404 page/post not found, they are two very different things.

A 403 is directly related to the permissions levels on your server and not controlled or caused by the theme or WordPress directly. You can contact your hosting provider for them to resolve this for you, or, see this help file -> http://bit.ly/2tY9j8L

Thank you kindly

sandexor
    Participant

Quite simple… Because it happens only in the circumstances I reported: these errors happen only with that specific demo of Avada – no problem whatsoever with other demos or entirely other themes.
    I tell you more, just for the sake of curiosity: it happens only with the home page, other pages of the same demo (Freelance) don’t.

And I’m not saying that it’s necessarily a problem of Avada (I don’t think I have enough experience for such a claim), just that I’m absolutely puzzled.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Michael C
    Keymaster

Hi @sandexor,

This sounds like mod_security to me. If that is the case it will occur depending on the length of the page source. So for particularly long pages the loading will not work. If that is the case you will need to contact your host. You can also try to lower the page source content to test (for example, if the CSS/JS compilers are off turn them on and set to file mode). Also if using a slider like Slider Revolution, temporary disable.

Beyond that, I am afraid it isn’t possible to know the problem without more hands-on debugging (in particular mod_security issues can be hard to confirm).

sandexor
    Participant

I’ll investigate in the direction you suggested, thank you again for your availability.

sandexor
    Participant

I contacted my hosting provider, the problem was indeed mod_security.

Thank you again

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.