Avada Forums Community Forum Functions.php permission error

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

From nothing at all my website suddenly gives me an error (see below)

Warning: include(/home/**/public_html/wp-content/themes/Avada/functions.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/**/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 426

Warning: include(): Failed opening ‘/home/**/public_html/wp-content/themes/Avada/functions.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/opt/alt/php72/usr/share/pear’) in /home/**/public_html/wp-settings.php on line 426

After doing some research, the Functions.php file was edited ten hours ago, while the rest of the files in the folder was edited when I updated Avada a few days ago. Now I can’t do anything with Functions.php – I can’t edit permissions, I can’t delete it, I can’t copy it. Nothing…

Any ideas?

Michael
    Keymaster

Hi @troillan

Permissions issues with regard to files and folders on your server is something that you need to check with your hosting provider. Also, to clarify, a theme update does not and cannot touch/edit/change any WordPress core files (or the database), this is not how updates work.

A theme update simply replaces the Avada folder (inside of the /themes/) folder and the Fusion Builder / Fusion Core folders (inside of the /plugins/) folder of your install.

If you need further assistance or have any further questions, please create a support ticket using the link below and our support team will gladly assist you

Click Here To Get Avada Support

We look forward to helping you!

Thank you kindly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.