Avada Forums Community Forum Font awesome icons stopped working

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The font awesome icons have stopped working on one of my client’s websites. I checked the Avada > theme options > Advanced > Theme Features does have the Brand, Solid and Regular entered for the Font Awesome option.
    I checked my plugins, the only plugins on the website are All in one SEO, Wordfence, Contact form 7, Sitemap by WEbsoft and Avada Core and Builder. I removed the v3 recaptcha on contact form 7 because I read that it could interfere.
    Website is lancedobinson.ca
    Any ideas?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello There

I have checked your site and the icons are coming up all fine and good for me => https://share.getcloudapp.com/DOu24A5J

Can you please clear your browser cache and check it again now?

Thanks

-Ammar

wannawebdesign
    Participant

I cleared the browser cache, in both safari and Chrome…. no change. I still see squares where the logos used to be. I also checked on my phone… no logos. Even the mobile menu icon is missing and the menu dropdown icons are missing. I didn’t do anything to the website other than run the last updates to Avada theme and a few others. As I mentioned, I deactivated all of the plugins and still I can’t see the icons. My client can’t see them either on his computer. I flushed the cache of the website hosting as well.
    Could it be the Avada update?

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hell There

I can still see this on my end, also on mobile too, if you are still having this issue, please open a support ticket with our team and we will get back to you as soon as possible 🙂

Click Here To Create An Account & Get Avada Support

Thanks

-Ammar

charleyer
    Participant

I help a friend with his website and we’re getting the same thing: http://flyboxmn.com/guide-services/guide-rates

I made one small text change and noticed it after that across the site. (I’m not sure things were working correctly before that, however.) Oddly, the icons seem to be working on the home page.

I’m also seeing the same issue on lancedobinson.ca

Any advice would be much appreciated!

wannawebdesign
    Participant

I got support to help me! The problem was an internal caching thing. There are 3 things to try, if the hosting has a flush cache try that, then inside Avada Options on the bottom of the menu is a link ‘Performance’ click this. Scroll down .. you will see Reset Avada Caches… click this. Then on the same page there is a title CSS & JS, make sure this is set to database NOT File. This is what fixed my icons!!!
    Hope this helps!

wannawebdesign
    Participant

Thanks Ammar, you were correct… it was a caching issue! I had to reset the Avada Options > Performance then CSS compiling method had to be switched from File to Database. That did the trick! One of your amazing staff helped me with this!

charleyer
    Participant

Fantastic, that worked for me too. Thanks to you both!

Ammar. S
    Keymaster

Hello There
    Glad to hear your issues have been resolved 🙂

Thanks

-Ammar

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.