Avada Forums Community Forum First container, 100% height impossible with transparent main menu

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I want to make my first container 100% height on my home page, but it doesn’t go all the way down to the bottom of the screen when I set the main menu to transparent background.

Main menu with a colored background, my container takes the whole screen alright:
    https://tof.cx/image/Ret2c

Main menu with a transparent background, the second container starts showing at the bottom, which I don’t want to:
    http://tof.cx/image/ReWje

I know that’s because the main menu has no height when set to transparent background: mine is 97px, and we can clearly see those 97px at the bottom of the page in the second screeshot.

But is there a way to “bypass” this? Padding won’t do it, I really want to “stretch” my first container down to the bottom of the viewport.

Thanks for your help!

zweckdesign
    Participant

same problem here…

marklchaves
    Participant

Hi,

2 Options

1) If you know the CSS class that defines the background image, you can add height: 100vh; to the class.

2) You can also use a couple lines of jQuery. Again, you need to know the CSS class like in #1.

$(document).ready(function() {
      $(".header").height($(window).height());
    });

Live demo of both options up on CodePen.

Good luck!

Lisa
    Participant

Thanks @marklchaves for the code.

Option 1 worked great for me. More details on how to add it below:

– Go into Avada Theme Options – Version 7: Avada | Options or Version 6 – Avada | Theme Options
    – Custom CSS
    – Add code:

.contain_100 { /* 100% height for container - hero image / video w/ transparent header */
        height: 100vh !important;
    }

– Save Changes
    – Add the class “contain_100” (without the quotes) to your container under the General Tab / CSS Class at the bottom
    – Save

marklchaves
    Participant

Hello @lkkuhn,

Excellent. I guess your suggestion would be option #3. Thanks for sharing!

mark

Dewdan
    Participant

Thanks a lot @marklchaves, the first option worked for me.
    Thanks Lisa for the full css.

Dan

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.